Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I was in contact with Jack Sim last November and he indicated a 3rd Edition of his Illustrated Guide to Gas Pumps was in the works. I've sent him a couple of emails over the last few months to follow up but haven't heard back. Are you out there Jack? Does anyone know when/if the 3rd Edition will be released?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
OP Offline
Oh wow, strange coincidence, didn't even look to see if he posted recently. Thanks for the information Jim.

I hope things ease up for Jack and his family. He's obviously a very busy man dealing with a lot.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I believe everyone on this site is pulling for Jack and his family.

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Just a quick note about the book. Actually I started writing the book about three years ago. I was 79 at the time, and will reach 82 in July.
I decided at that time that this book would a true gas pump book, no oil dispensers, no globes, nothing but gas pumps. I also decided to extend the years from 1965 to 1975, because of the questions that were showing up on OG.
I also decided to pull all the gas carts out of the main part of the book and put them in their own section.
I also decided to create a section just for exterior sight glasses (I have been able to ID over 180 of them).
I also decided to pull all the pump lights and put them in their own section (24 IDed so far).
I also decided (with Tim Rohr's help) to create a section giving you all the measurements of the cylinders on the visible pumps.
Also, in the gas pump section I have created a appendix of information too large to be put with the gas pump pictures.
Also, there is a possibility that there will be a list of all the pump model numbers that are not shown in the book. These are pumps that I have been able to determine the model numbers for, but not having a picture of.
At 82, I feel that this will be my last hurrah and I want the book to be a really true 'GAS PUMP BOOK."
I estimate the book will be over 400 pages, (and will probably sell for $44.95), and until one other person who has a very large collection of gas pump literature decides to write a book (actually I asked him to join me and we would write the greatest book ever, but he declined), this may be the last pump book written (actually I hope not).

Even when I wrote the first book, I have never used a email address that can be found here on OG, to let them know about the forthcoming book, so if you don't think you are on the list to be notified about the next book, just send me your email address. jhsim@petrocollect.com.

Thank you all for your support. If any of you have questions about anything pertaining about the book, please post your questions here or start a new post.

Thanks again,
Jack & Cindy Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Wed May 31 2017 11:48 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the update Jack. I'm looking forward to seeing the new book. Hope everything goes well for you and your family.

-Matt
OP Offline
Thanks for all the information Jack. Really looking forward to the new book! I really admire your commitment to the new edition and the work you've been doing over the years to make it happen. Wishing you and your family all the best!

Truman

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great info Jack! I cannot wait until the book is out!

Braden Splichal

R
R
If you need any photos of a G&B type 67 let me know I can send you some with a plain white back ground.

Ryan
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Jack,
Any ETA from the publisher on when the Guide to Gas Pumps 3rd edition will be coming out? I can't wait to get my copy.

BrianH

Brian H
Also super interested

Following.

Where Liberty Dewells, There Is My County.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack ,
I have a Sharmeter clock Pump not in your last book. If you are interested please send me a email or message.

Thanks,
Rob

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Keep me on the list as well, Thanks

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
We are all anxiously waiting Jack, and I am sure it will be another bible for the gas pump guys. Thanks

Craig
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved