Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#688419 Sun Jun 11 2017 09:29 PM
OP Offline
I have recently come to own a mobile oil gargoyle cabinet. It has two gargoyle signs on the outside and the chart on the inside. The cabinet is stamped vacuum oil company New York, ny pat pend. on the bottom faces It is missing the Peaked top and the globe. It has three shelves and to clipboard clamps. The signs are all in pretty great condition the cabinet itself is fully restorable I think. Just looking for some info on it. Also should I clean it or leave as is for someone else? the chart on the inside of the cabinet looks to have been painted over with house paint but it comes off with soap and water. I'll post again with a couple more pictures

IMG_2174.jpg IMG_2175.jpg IMG_2176.jpg IMG_2177.jpg
Last edited by NightNinja; Sun Jun 11 2017 09:31 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
OP Offline
I only have pictures of one of the gargoyle signs the other one is similar condition but it has a small chip about the size of a quarter in the white between the word for and gargoyle And another smaller chip by left edge

IMG_2173.jpg IMG_2178.jpg
Last edited by NightNinja; Sun Jun 11 2017 09:34 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks like The top of the cabinet is not there. The money appears to be in the signs. People sign up on oldgas to get values from the guys on here and then are never heard from again. That being said, The sign pictured, IMO, is in the 600.00-700.00 range(Retail).

OP Offline
Thank you for the response! I have done a little research online and knew the top and globe were missing. I was also looking for some pointers on how to clean the chart up on the inside and the rest of the cabinet without damaging. Eventually I would like to find a home for it but that was not my sole purpose for joining. My husband and I do a lot of property clean up when we are home and run across a bunch of different things many of which are oil and gas related. I joined because I thought this would be a good learning reference.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a top of you need one for the cabinet. No globe or holder

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Years ago someone reproduced the chart, I had a few of them but they are gone. Perhaps someone here on OG can remember who reproed them.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By mcguffeyd1
I have a top of you need one for the cabinet. No globe or holder
Wow-what are the chances?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Buy his top and complete that cabinet!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
C
C
Time passages, or Scottys garage,use to have tin charts available, also repo porcelain cabinet signs ,there marked reproduction on back of sign, thanks for reminding me these are available

OP Offline
I have the chart it just needs to be cleaned. What are the chanc s of a top without a cabinet?!? Would you pm me mcduffeyd1?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved