Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#688791 - Sun Jun 18 2017 03:32 PM Visible Gas Pump Top - Please Help Identify
TheAmateur Offline

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Hi Folks,

I picked up this visible gas pump top (repainted). Unfortunately I only got the top, no idea what happened to the bottom. I was hoping someone could help identify the maker for me. Were the tops mass produced to fit a number of different manufacturers? I looked through Jack's book but there seems to be a number of potential makers.

Thanks!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#688795 - Sun Jun 18 2017 04:23 PM Re: Visible Gas Pump Top - Please Help Identify [Re: TheAmateur]
wocopep Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Wetumpka,Al.
That is an add on cylinder top for a pre visible. I have one like that on my Wayne previsible pump.

#688838 - Mon Jun 19 2017 08:51 AM Re: Visible Gas Pump Top - Please Help Identify [Re: TheAmateur]
Greg Michigan Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
It's a 10 gallon Canadian Wayne Visible.

#688852 - Mon Jun 19 2017 02:12 PM Re: Visible Gas Pump Top - Please Help Identify [Re: TheAmateur]
TheAmateur Offline

Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Thanks for the help guys. I've done some more research and the gallon markers definitely point to a Canadian Wayne. I'm trying to narrow down the model and am thinking it came from a Wayne 78 or 83. Possibly from a 615 or 619 as well but the bottom looks a lot like the visibles made by Boyle-Dayton (60,70,80 series). According to Jack's book, Boyle-Dayton made the Wayne 78 and 83 under the Wayne name. Any opinions?

wocopep, were you referring to the small metal piece (marked 22450) in your post? Perhaps this piece belonged to a different model/pump than the rest?

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved