Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#68963 Wed Nov 08 2006 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We also have that law in Colorado. The "Make my day" law. It works pretty good out here, not too many people willing to trespass. Except when it comes to skunks. But thats another story. BTW. Has anybody seen my turkey?

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#68964 Wed Nov 08 2006 06:11 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thunder: 'We also have that law in Colorado. The "Make my day" law. It works pretty good out here, not too many people willing to trespass.'

Yes, Colorado is similar to Texas in that many people believe in "frontier justice". Hey, it keeps most of 'em honest!!

Paul

#68965 Thu Nov 09 2006 11:36 AM
K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Last Thursday I worked with Doug's wife Karen at their place. We took one truck load of stuff out to place in a safe storage area, then three of us went back on Friday in three trucks and a large two axel trailer to get the most valuable stuff that still might be stolen. If I am not mistaken, another friend was able to get the 1955 Chevy out of there on Saturday or Sunday if all went well.

Karen probably feels better about what is left for the scum bags if they should return.

I do have pictures of some of the stolen things. Karen was there three weeks earlier packing things up in boxes getting them ready to go. Before she left for the day, she used her digital camera to photograph things in the rooms. The lighting was not satisfactory, but were made much lighter in Photoshop. I have a picture of the red G&B pump (70 or 80) with it's Signal globe and Signal decal on the front. There was also a Flying A green National Tokheim 62, a curb pump/kerosene pump with a vis-a-gauge at the top which I sold him a few years ago. The "Free Air" air meter upper area is shown and quite unique so if it shows up, anyone will be able to identify it. There is another partial view of what Karen thought was a small pump, but I think it is another air meter. It is painted in Shell colors. Perhaps someone can identify just what it is with the aid of the photo.

What I did was send the scanned photos on to Karen in hopes she can identify more of what is there so the list can be added to. (Many thanks to Ray for getting this list out. I wasn't aware anyone else was trying to get the list posted and as it stands, my list isn't nearly as complete.)

Some time ago I tried to post pictures on oldgas, but gave it up. Perhaps it is much easier now, but I don't think I will try right now. Should anyone want to see the pictures, I will be glad to send them or part of them on to anyone interested. I'll also be glad to answer any questions you might have if that is the case.

By the way, judging from what these guys were taking, I'd expect to see some of this stuff showing up in garage sales or flea markets. You can't imagine some of the stuff they had loaded up in a trailer getting ready to tow off.

Suppose that's it for now.

Koz

Al Kozeliski
Klamath Falls, Oregon

#68966 Thu Nov 09 2006 01:18 PM
H
H
We also just heard about this from the gentleman who bought the Rexall sign, I am glad to see the list posted and we will watch for anything that may find it's way into our shop!!! Posting pics may be helpful if you have the time!! Also, we'll keep an eye out on Ebay!!! About 8 years ago there was a woman who robbed all the local antique shops from here to Sacramento and probably more. She was caught in Texas because the stuff got listed on Ebay.
Don and Laurie

------------------
www.pacificcoastfineart.com
www.fineartofcalifornia.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.harleyantiques.com
www.fineartofcalifornia.com

www.fineartofcalifornia.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.harleyantiques.com
www.fineartofcalifornia.com
#68967 Fri Nov 10 2006 07:51 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
koz...send me the photos in an e-mail and I will post them for you.

Mike

Mike
#68968 Fri Nov 10 2006 09:58 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
From what I understand, and from Koz, both vehicles have been found and possibly some of the stuff. These guys are local and there had to be more then one. They will be found however, if they are, is Barney Fifeth and has partner going to do anything about it. There were beer bottles and soda cans left at the "scene" and apparently, from what I was told, the deputies just didn't have the time or equipment to even take fingerprints. They need to get another job or do what they are paid to do
ray

#68969 Fri Nov 10 2006 10:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Something about this story dosn't add up. I have many friends in law enforcement here in Oregon and a theft of this size is not ignored "because they don't have the manpower or equipment", period. I met Doug a few times, nice guy, but I know there was some serious problems with law enforcement and his family. I'm not accusing anyone of anything so don't attack me, just think about it

#68970 Fri Nov 10 2006 10:20 PM
K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Apparently a trailer full of signs and gas pumps was found with the truck. I'll fill you in when I know more.

Stay tuned,

Koz

#68971 Sat Nov 11 2006 07:08 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Something to think about, my Dino pump plate, HC sign and Power-X globe look just about like anybody elses. Unless there is a unique flaw or mark that you have a picture of that will prove your item is yours, it would be hard to prove your missing item is in fact yours. Barn hanger signs with character may be easier to prove ownership than a NOS sign. How many globes on repo capco bodies in your collection look just like anybody elses? Alot of my stuff was bought at shows in cash from "some guy set up over there". Pictures and an acurate inventory list may help you out if your stuff is also ripped off.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
#68972 Sat Nov 11 2006 12:16 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Hi Neil..I'm not attacking YOU. I just stated what I was told. Believe me I know what a tough job a police officer has. I was a reserve cop for 6 years and wouldn't want to do it with the type of people on the street in today's world.
Ray

#68973 Sat Dec 09 2006 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Has anything new turned up on this theft? Sure would make a better Christmas if they nabbed these guys.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#68974 Sat Dec 09 2006 01:58 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
The guys were caught and most of the stuff recovered.

------------------
Dwaine.
pca-west.org
Globe-Logos

GLOBE-LOGOS

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved