Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Yes, many questionable things there for sure. One man's likes and another's ruined sign. Same with the common pumps for sure. The twin's cylinders are a clear signal when looking at them.

Craig
For Sale Petroliana - Unpriced

Sellers Must Be Approved to Sell in This Category

Click on "Contact" on the upper right to request this privilege, stating a reason

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Actually if you look at the auction only about 8 items brought near top range of estimate. Everything else brought at low estimate or below. I was absolutely amazed. There were a decent number of altered signs, but there were also a huge quanity of untouched pieces. And abunch of those went cheap. I scored a couple double-sided neons and paid half of what I thought i would. I feel bad for the owner. I think he chose the wrong auctioneer and wrong location. Fortunately I was able to have everything privately hauled so I'm not having to pay a shipper. I do think the buyers premium that they charge is crazy even for on-site bidders.

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Exactly so, and now he has nine cars down in Arizona for the other auction not BJ this month. Hope it goes better for him. He was really unhappy.

Craig
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Too bad all these signs and pumps were not for sale at one of the enthusiast shows.
Something like that. A ton of this could have been pre sold.

RIP Kiwi
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved