Next Thread
Print Thread
#690560 Sun Jul 16 2017 07:08 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
I am looking for lots of poor/very poor quality porcelain pump plates to use to decorate the ceiling joists in my workshop.

Anyone have a few, or a box of many, really beat ones they want to sell me?

Could I find any kind of decent quantity of these if I went to Iowa Gas?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Even rough pump plates and contains lead signs have become popular. I like them and they look good on unrestored gas pumps. The prices have gone up on them. I hope some go your way. You may want to consider adding some older rough license plates with the pump plates. They are easier to come by and your joists will fill up faster.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Originally Posted By MATT ALVAREZ
Even rough pump plates and contains lead signs have become popular. I like them and they look good on unrestored gas pumps. The prices have gone up on them. I hope some go your way. You may want to consider adding some older rough license plates with the pump plates. They are easier to come by and your joists will fill up faster.

I did see people go crazy over a box of contains lead signs at a local auction. Seems small antique shop owners bid them up until they were over $20 each. I was hoping they would go much cheaper since there were about 25 to 30 of them in one lot. I'll definitely have to add license plates into this project to be able to afford doing it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

...need to check to see if I still have all of these - but they'd be $75 shipped for the lot...let me know, and I'll look for them...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Originally Posted By gulfiend!

...need to check to see if I still have all of these - but they'd be $75 shipped for the lot...let me know, and I'll look for them...

Thanks, but those are worth, max, $5 a piece.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By bigandtall

...good luck with your search...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

not true... I would pay more than $5

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
BryceG #690750 Wed Jul 19 2017 10:24 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Originally Posted By BryceG

not true... I would pay more than $5

Me TOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sid

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G

$75.00 with shipping is about $11.00 a piece? Years ago you could get these for $5.00 or less. As you stated, they are bringing $20.00 each in a box lot. Given enough time and effort, you might find what you are looking for at the price you want to pay? It has been my experience that new members seem to put their foot into it before they learn to just keep their opinions to themselves. Or, maybe send a PM so everyone is not in the loop? Just me talking, Paul www.severngaspumps.com

C
C
Hi I'm new here too and don't know how to post pictures but you can email me and I'll send them. I have a sign like posted above and I also have a few old Esso pump plates and pump island signs if intredted

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Been doing this a long time and never had the heart to throw them away. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Have gas all the time
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
bigandtall

As someone above suggested why not start with license plates. About 35 years ago I was salvaging old VWs, naturally I was after the parts, but the first thing I took off of them was the licensed plate.
After I married Cindy and inherited her very large garage I took all of the licensed plates and put them on the rafters in alphabet order. Just the other day I took a good look at them and found I only needed eight more of them to have all 50. I thought that soon I would post here asking guys to send me a one of the eight, and I would send them a Missouri plate.
Why don't you do this? It is an easy way to build your collection, plus getting to know the greatest guys who help each other, that is what this site it about. Maybe I should post the eight plates I need.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved