Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
OP Offline
Z
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and also new to this interesting hobby. I am just getting started in collecting Petroliana and am enjoying learning about the history and collecting.

The problem I am having is finding good sources for signs that I want to purchase. I have been looking on ebay and from what I have seen most are all fakes. Even the beat up obscure items seem to be fakes. There appear to be two types of sellers, ones that purchase large volumes of blatant fakes from india or China and ones that sell legit items but don't know if what they are selling is real or not.

Can anyone please point me into the right direction of legit sellers or sources online or in the Indiana area?

Also can anyone give me your input on my first two purchases if they appear legit or reproductions.

Thank you very much for your help.

tex1small.jpg tex3.jpg tex4.jpg tex2small.jpg
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
I assume you All ready know it's reproduction.....,there are many dealers in original advertising, items are seldom cheap,but you pay for their experience and time it takes to achieve quality inventory ,price should be second to quality. But most aften buyers want it cheap,diriod .

Z
OP Offline
Z
Can you recommend anyone to contact to purchase. I don't mind paying a fair price for real items.

Thanks.

E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
Oilsigns.com is Ron's page mostly high-end but some stuff for new collectors, Mike swab out off Michigan, you can see him at iawa or auburn in,most original dealers don't do much web,there is some facebook groups like for sale only petroleum, pics of week etc,that police repo stuff,and oldgas to

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved