Hello-
I am a book and manuscript appraiser and am working on the appraisal (for of a large collection of early motoring material, almost all of which is paper (books, maps, ephemera) that I am familiar with. However, there are also three signs in the collection, and for those I am out of my element. I have been able to find sales records for two of the signs through the usual venues, but one I have not found much about (I found just one comp, and the condition is vastly different) and I am hoping someone here may be able to provide some guidance. Not only am I uncertain about the value of the sign to begin with, but there is also the fact that it has been re-painted, and I don't know how that plays in. Thanks in advance for any input.

Edited to add: The sign is about 33 inches wide and 19 inches high, and the one example I found of a similar sign sold for $800 at Dan Morphy Auctions. It appeared unrestored and was quite rusty. (I have no idea whether that's good or bad in this field, but maybe someone will enlighten me).

IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0401.JPG
Last edited by Elizabeth S; Fri Aug 04 2017 01:49 PM. Reason: additional info