Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DavidA #696927 Tue Oct 17 2017 06:24 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
ok got it now. this will take some study.thanks. charley

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
DavidA #698344 Tue Nov 07 2017 10:04 PM
D
DavidA Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I gave up on making it original to anything and took the liberty of putting it together as a field repaired pump. A one off so to speak. It will look fairly original once all the goodies are on it but never original and really, not a pump. I had no base so I improvised a bit. Buckeye nozzle is coming and then to find a hose and a pump lever and add a hose connection and possibly a advertising globe.

It has been fun so far.

Last edited by DavidA; Tue Nov 07 2017 10:05 PM.
DavidA #698347 Wed Nov 08 2017 12:01 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Why is it that some of those who are requesting information/identification post a picture that looks like "where's Waldo." Please guys, click on the "preview reply" and see if your picture is up and down instead of laying on the ground, it only takes a click to correct it. Also, learn how to crop a picture so that what you are showing us is the item instead of what your back yard looks like. Those of us who can identify and respond need to see the details.

Sometimes the item that many are requesting info on is laying down. I now have to copy it, transfer it to a program that will allow me to turn the picture up and down, then go back to examine the item. I know that some of you will not agree with me about this, but if you can afford to purchase a $2000 gas pump, how about purchasing a $500 Nicon to take pictures, a phone is a phone, not a camera.

Let me ask you one more thing, if they can fit a camera in a phone, why can't they fit a phone in my nook?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks pretty good for what you have. With today’s newer phones there is no need for a camera, they take excellent pictures. Chris

DavidA #698423 Thu Nov 09 2017 12:11 AM
D
DavidA Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Why is it that some of those who are requesting information/identification post a picture that looks like "where's Waldo." Please guys, click on the "preview reply" and see if your picture is up and down instead of laying on the ground, it only takes a click to correct it. Also, learn how to crop a picture so that what you are showing us is the item instead of what your back yard looks like. Those of us who can identify and respond need to see the details.

Look Jack...What is it that you're trying to say? Looks perfect on my end. I think maybe you should relax and not be so abrasive with your replies. Maybe your settings are wrong because this photo is running on an independent webpage and looks perfect. Granted maybe I should try to crop a little but why be a _ _ _ _ about it? If that is how you respond, you don't really need to see any details...sheesh! Keep your help because it doesn't seem to help at all!

DavidA #698472 Fri Nov 10 2017 12:26 AM
D
DavidA Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Okay, I found out what the top section probably was after a bunch of (in)visible searches on the web. Then this photo popped...

Wish I had seen this before I started putting it together but my intention was for yard art and not a restoration. I think it will look fine for that purpose. If someone needs those panels for their actual restoration, let me know and I will try to source something else to replace them. They are Milwaukee Pump Co. sides.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved