Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#696328 Mon Oct 09 2017 12:56 AM
OP Offline
I've been told that the Canadian "genuine Parts" oval signs were not stamped with a makers mark and that the grommets were offset differently but something about this sign rubs me the wrong way. It feels pretty smooth to the touch with only light definition between the two colours which isn't a great sign. I even had a friend hold it up to a Canadian Ford oval that he insists he knows for a fact is real and the grommets line up but still...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I can't speak to the Canadian vs US differences, but I had always heard that grommet location and the Veribrite stamp were key indicators of originality. Also, my Veribrite sign has good shelving to the porcelain. Maybe the Canadian signs were made by a different company, which could result in the grommets being in a different place and the shelving being different...I don't know. Here is my Veribrite sign for reference.

BrianH

IMG_7253.JPG

Brian H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
beauty sign Brian

Follow the Red Indian Trail
OP Offline
Thanks for the picture,Brian. Yea- part of the story that I heard and from more than one source is that TWO different Canadian companies were cranking out these signs with far less perfection than the American counterpart and that the grommet spacing was different.

But that story seems a bit convenient to me. Drives me up the wall

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved