Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#696456 - Tue Oct 10 2017 05:20 PM Wayne 60 Questions
Loves Cars Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I’m restoring a Wayne 60 wide body and I can’t be sure but the serial number appears to be #445-BD. On the same tag below this is the Underwriters Laboratories inspection number which is #441346. Is it possible to determine the year this pump was manufactured from either of these numbers?

One more question, what is the proper color for the spinners inside the glass and the area inside the glass behind the spinners? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joe

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#696457 - Tue Oct 10 2017 05:35 PM Re: Wayne 60 Questions [Re: Loves Cars]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Joe--If that's the complete serial number--then your pump was manufactured in 1936.
All the spinners that I have ever seen are made of aluminum and were left natural color. that area behind the spinner is a mild steel and is usually rusty.
If restoring this pump, I would use black paint on the backing plate, in order to make the aluminum spinners stand out.
Cell#-701-739-6133

#696476 - Tue Oct 10 2017 09:33 PM Re: Wayne 60 Questions [Re: Loves Cars]
Jack Sim Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
If you need any information about your pump go to this page of my website. Your Serial number indicates the pump is a large base 60 so click on this page: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/wayyne%2060-2.htm

It is one of the first large base 60s made.

Jack Sim

Edited by Jack Sim (Tue Oct 10 2017 09:35 PM)

#696540 - Wed Oct 11 2017 03:39 PM Re: Wayne 60 Questions [Re: Loves Cars]
Loves Cars Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Thanks Guys. I hope to paint it shortly.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved