Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Beware eBay seller username is: zegron. He has a few gas/oil items listed that I believe he does not own. He's using exact photos from worthpoint for his items. He just sold a Yellow Texaco fuel chief pump plate for $490. The same photo is on wothpoint from 2013. He also has a lion knix Knox globe that the same photo he used from worthpoint from 2007 that sold for $3,291.87. I have not looked up his other gas/oil stuff, but I'm sure it's the same story. I don't no what he thinks he's going to accomplish? eBay will just refund the buyer. I guess people just get their jollies off wasting people's time.

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
He still has a koolmotor globe listed. I would not buy it if anyone sees this. His photo is on worth point from 2013 sold for $800

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Give me an ebay item number on the globe please.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you can tell his koolmotor auction is bogus. picture is a 15" steel body globe, description states 13.5" capco.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I wrote and ask for more pictures. Can't wait to see what he says!!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He screwed around with an auction I had a while back so I blocked him from my auctions. I know they have been shut down by e-bay before!

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I asked him for more pics. He says because auction is going ebay wont let him post more. Maybe so.
So I asked why says 13.5" capco and shows 15" metal.
He says:
It's plastic capco, original and I believe we made a diameter error it is 15 inch

LOL, a 15" capco?
I asked, if 15" plastic, why does picture show metal? Haven't heard back from the moron!!
Damn I wish you were allowed to post to ebay listings!!

What can we do about these thieves?

Steve Coppens
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I was the third highest bidder on the Lion globe. He sent me a message that the other bidders would not pay so he offered me a buy it now for the high bid that submitted. I didn't take him up on it something smelled fishy. Thanks guys you just confirmed my suspicions. Mitch

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
A lot of good it actually does, but looks like my harassment got him to end the Koolmotor auction last night. It had been at $182 with 12 bids.

Screen Shot 10-17-17 at 04.14 AM.JPG

Steve Coppens
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Got this from ebay. Maybe this guy isn't actually the culprit, but a third party accessing his account. Hmm...? Who knows.

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from zegron through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.
We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them.

Last edited by Steven C.; Wed Oct 18 2017 01:53 AM.

Steve Coppens
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
This guy must have a couple accounts. This is the third time I've seen this sort of thing happen where he cannot fprovide other pictures or proof that he owns the items.

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
There was a thread on FB "Gas Globes" about the Lion globe. High bidder was from Michigan, as was seller. Buyer contacted seller that they wanted to pick up globe and cant get a reply from seller. Seller then relisted stating that buyer wouldn't go thru with the deal.

Always looking for Standard Oil of Indiana, or any globes!
Buddy Koehrn
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
[quote=SeinfeldKramer]Beware eBay seller username is: zegron. He has a few gas/oil items listed that I believe he does not own. He's using exact photos from worthpoint for his items. He just sold a Yellow Texaco fuel chief pump plate for $490. The same photo is on wothpoint from 2013. He also has a lion knix Knox globe that the same photo he used from worthpoint from 2007 that sold for $3,291.87. I have not looked up his other gas/oil stuff, but I'm sure it's the same story. I don't no what he thinks he's going to accomplish? eBay will just refund the buyer. I guess people just get their jollies off wasting people's time. [/quote]

The mechanics of the scam are simple. Without disclosing "how-to" specifics, the scammer receives payment and withdraws the funds before Paypal and the victim realize that it's a scam. By the time the victim reports the fraud, the scammer has folded up shop and there is no money for Paypal to recover. As a buyer, you're inconvenienced but made whole while Paypal ends up as the financial victim.

N
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
His account was suspended now

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved