Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#697665 - Sat Oct 28 2017 03:31 PM Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
I regret to inform Oldgas.com members of Ron Throckmorton's passing today. He was one of my first contacts with a serious petroliana collector many years ago. Ron was probably the biggest and most knowledgeable glass oil bottle collector. He always had a smile and would take the time to answer questions. This was an unexpected shock for his family and many friends. Rest in Peace, Ron. Prayers for Suzie and family.

Attachments
ronthrockmorton.jpg

Description: Ron Throckmorton

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#697666 - Sat Oct 28 2017 03:54 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
trifiver Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Kelso,Wa
Sad Stuff ,

Rest in Peace, Ron. Prayers for Suzie and family .

Sid

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's

#697669 - Sat Oct 28 2017 04:39 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
1 BAD ZR1 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: DeKalb, Il
Ron and Suzie always had the space next to me at Iowa Gas in the 90s and early 2000s. Great people. Kyle Moore, Jackie Knott, Ron and many others helped a young guy get started in gas and oil collecting. I will never forget these people always having time to answer what I thought were dumb questions. Rest in peace Ron. I am sure Terry Hasek will be after you again one of these days and we will hear the bickering from the clouds!

#697675 - Sat Oct 28 2017 07:14 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
PETRO NUT Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: MN
rest in peace Ron. thanks.

#697681 - Sat Oct 28 2017 08:17 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
Rabbitman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Missouri,USA
I never got to meet Ron but talked to him several times about bottles and he was always a pleasure to visit with. Condolences to his family.

#697682 - Sat Oct 28 2017 08:22 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA
He was a great guy...RIP Ron...

#697707 - Sun Oct 29 2017 09:30 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
tbuckles Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Carthage, IN USA
Sad news, he will be missed. Oddly enough when we met at a swap meet we wouldn't talk gas and oil, we would talk about racing dirt bikes. He was before my time and knew many of the off road legends.

Tom.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana

#697708 - Sun Oct 29 2017 09:33 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
Done4 Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan, Union Pier
Sad news, I've known Ron for a long time and will remember him forever.

#697709 - Sun Oct 29 2017 09:58 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
Sad to hear, he was one of my first "big name" contacts when I first started collecting. Always helpful and even told me I was not asking enough for a bottle I was selling to him. Rest in Peace Ron

#697712 - Sun Oct 29 2017 12:52 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
Jolly-John Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Plover, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Yes, Ron was one of those guys in the old gas hobby, who seems to have been with us "forever". We had a short, but fun chat at Iowa Gas this year.

His upbeat attitude and desire to be of help to other collectors never changed throughout all the years I knew him. My deepest sympathy to Suzie and the Throckmorton family. John

#697765 - Sun Oct 29 2017 10:31 PM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Jolly-John]
MetroPetro Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: North Jersey
Sorry to hear of Rons passing. He was a fixture at Columbus and other shows.
My condolences to his family.

#697789 - Mon Oct 30 2017 06:58 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
redindianguy Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Ontario, Canada
my deepest sympathy

#697791 - Mon Oct 30 2017 07:42 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: redindianguy]
bustermonty Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Indianapolis IN USA
RIP Ron. Your smiling face will be missed.

#697793 - Mon Oct 30 2017 07:48 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
Ryan Underthun Offline

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
RIP.

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

#697794 - Mon Oct 30 2017 08:08 AM Re: Collector Ron Throckmorton Passes Away [Re: Oldgas]
wocopep Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Wetumpka,Al.
Ron was one of the first guys, besides Dick Bennett, that took the time to help when I had a question. I was able to help Ron on a purchase down this way years ago and it was fun to return a favor. He was always ready to give advice and help to anyone. Ron will certainly be missed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved