Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S

Last edited by Steven C.; Tue Nov 14 2017 04:12 PM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry Steve, I don't get it?

Have gas all the time
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I do agree the value has dropped on porcelain Pump plates because of the repops and the prices on most everything else has gone way up. Even the plastic signs have become collectible

L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Think there is some truth to many post here. Think of the new comer post no longer is it I collect company because I owned a gas station. Its now my grand dads station or my dads. So will it change in our lifetime,probably not but demand may peak somewhat. It only takes a couple of crazy sells to sat the tone due to excess to these sales that wasn't so easy to track in years past.
I seen antiques house hold goods tumble to pennies on the dollar.
Will this happen with petro I think not,again not in our lifetime.
Too many deep pockets with the mind sat I got to have it. Its not the blue collar working class collector that is driving prices, their just along for the ride.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Loyd Pierce
Its not the blue collar working class collector that is driving prices, their just along for the ride.

i think you would be surprised to see how many of the biggest collectors in the country are blue collared or retired blue collar.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted By BryceG
Originally Posted By Loyd Pierce
Its not the blue collar working class collector that is driving prices, their just along for the ride.

i think you would be surprised to see how many of the biggest collectors in the country are blue collared or retired blue collar.

Bryce I wouldn't be surprised but they have a sense of value and respect the all mighty dollar a lot more than the CEO or owner of large company that has reached the point where what it cost really doesn't matter. Maybe I'm wrong you guys are more involved than I and have been at it longer. I guess my main point is the sell of the cardboard cutouts will drive the asking price of next time they surface,provided that its a educated seller who researches sells. People say don't place value on ebay and petro auctions,well its done ever day. I think the hobby is in the process of a big change there is a generation that is fueling their living on the backs of the true collectors. You have one group that may buy and sell to collect that is carrying the burden of sellers that has no notion of ever collecting.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Alex Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
No, it doesn’t keep me up at night. I am just trying to figure out why prices are skyrocketing. I went to an auction recently and tall, unrestored, Tokheim 39s we’re selling for more than $1,500.

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I hope the bubble busts soon so I can buy all of your peoples signs

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved