Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great work! Where did you find the lettering for the top? Is it custom made?

Scot

Looking for nearly anything related to Signal Oil

Go Farther!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the compliments.The lettering on the top is custom made. I found an advertising company that cuts lettering to spec out of about any material. I wanted them in brass or stainless but wasn't sure the idea was going to work so didn't want to pay that much to experiment. These were water jet cut out of plastic and the material was already the gold metallic color that closely matched my gold trim stripes on the doors so I ended up leaving them as is and didn't even paint them. They are just clear epoxied to a thin stainless strip that attaches to the top with a single small screw in the center where there was an existing hole. The strip and screw are almost hidden completely under the dome. I can find the name of the company that I got the letters from if anyone is interested. They can cut letters to any size/space confinement but if you went with more than six or seven letters they would get pretty short. I would be glad to help if anybody would like to get some made for their pump.....GB

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thank you for the information. I will keep it in mind when I start my restoration.

Cheers!

Looking for nearly anything related to Signal Oil

Go Farther!
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Scot, if you are doing yours in Signal, the letters would look killer on there. The Signal colors would make a great looking 70...GB

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved