Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
crxnug Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Im undecided on interior paint or powdercoating colors on the frame and related parts , motor and pump, i have a bennett 766, hoping member can post some pictures to give me idea on which route to go with, any help would be much appreciated

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's a Gilbarco 904 I did... (some have seen these pics in other threads).... I powder coated the frame and just used a rattle can on the motor, pump, etc. I used primer gray and (I think) semi-gloss or gloss black, I can't remember. I buffed all the the parts that I could on my wheel.

-Steve

IMG_4100[1].JPG IMG_4103[1].JPG IMG_5311[1].JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Fri Nov 24 2017 11:43 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Y
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks for sharing. Great detail.

Collect UNION 76 items only. Contact me if you have any interesting items for sale.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Now that looks great. Would hate to do it with a heavy pump though.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We just painted one of those pumps. We didnt keep the motor to reduce the weight. As far as frame, we sandblasted it, hit it with epoxy (etching primer), and lastly coated it in silver rustoleum (sprayed on, not rattle can). Sometimes I use flat black urethane.

Anyway, pretty simple, but works. I have an MS80 that we did same way that is just a painted frame still. I'll add a pic to this post later when I get a chance.

Steve, that pump is awesome!

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the nice comments on my 904 everyone.

One other thing I want to mention to Danny is that if you do something similar to mine, don't just paint the motor and pump and other parts, because they still have gas in them. I took them all apart, soaked them, sandblasted, and then primed and painted.

Some of the old filters and internal parts in the pump and and other components were discarded.

-Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
C
crxnug Offline OP
OP Offline
C
great looking pump steve, this will be the 2nd pump im restoring, first one was a Gilbarco 906 that i went overboard on the restoration , this one i want to get ideas for the internals so im hoping to get some more pics of forum members restorations . not sure what theme to go with with the globe and advertizing, maybe sinclair dino. my last one was mobilgas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By crxnug
Im undecided on interior paint or powdercoating colors on the frame and related parts , motor and pump, i have a bennett 766, hoping member can post some pictures to give me idea on which route to go with, any help would be much appreciated

...most unrestored 'guts' I've seen bore traces of silver or aluminum paint...

Last edited by gulfiend!; Tue Nov 28 2017 05:22 PM.

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
My friend and I sand blast frame and use silver Hammerite. Spencer

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
As found if it's any help.

sunoco25.jpg

Collecting Vintage Sunoco

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun