Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#699347 - Sun Nov 26 2017 09:20 AM Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2
Craig Osbeck Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Just was looking at a page this morning and saw that there would be no buyers premium if you attended the auction. I will probably be bashed here, but I remember going to another auction that had no premium. The prices were way high and the owners and auctioneer did well. People do not want to pay the high fees and do not care why those fees are there. Some will either not go or not bid as high because of it.
Hence the owners will not do as well. I hope all do well in this and maybe prove me right.

#699352 - Sun Nov 26 2017 10:33 AM Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 [Re: Craig Osbeck]
PlainBroke Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Just South of Nowhere in IL

#699366 - Sun Nov 26 2017 03:07 PM Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Mike M. Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Western, WI.
Last year I consigned a number of items and did good with most. Glenn does a great job promoting as he only comes out on the fees from the consigners.

As with his personal auctions in February, Glenn always has some great items to add to any collection.

As always, I am going for the Friday auction and will be in Tomah Thursday to look things over so if anyone needs an extra set of eyes on an item please text or call me.

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.

#699434 - Mon Nov 27 2017 12:28 PM Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 [Re: Craig Osbeck]
chevyll Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: wi
Craig what fees are you talking about?

#699437 - Mon Nov 27 2017 03:26 PM Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Jolly-John Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Plover, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Not to put words in Craig's mouth, but I believe he is referring to the commission (fee) the auctioneer usually charges the winning bidder of an item. This can also be called the "buyer's premium" in some cases. Most auction companies are charging this buyer's commission to online bidders, telephone bidders, and in-person (at the auction site) bidders. Glenn Miller is not charging this add-on cost to any winning bidders who attend this auction in person. John

Edited by Jolly-John (Mon Nov 27 2017 03:28 PM)

#699454 - Mon Nov 27 2017 10:52 PM Re: Millers auction Nov 30-Dec 2 [Re: Craig Osbeck]
Craig Osbeck Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Buyers premium.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved