Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#700113 - Fri Dec 08 2017 08:43 AM Chilly Friday
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Good Morning Everyone,

Feels like Winter here today. We've had mild weather so far this season, with some recent days not even requiring a coat outside.

Picked up 72 twenty pound frozen turkeys for our local food pantry yesterday. Got as many as I could into the truck bed and wound up squeezing 24 into the cab with me. Worked out fine except that the "Fasten passenger seat belt" warning sounded all the way to the pantry. crazy

Have a great day out there in Oldgasland!

Attachments
temperature.jpg

Description: Chilly

turkeytruck.jpg

Description: Turkey truck

#700116 - Fri Dec 08 2017 08:58 AM Re: Chilly Friday [Re: Oldgas]
Done4 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan, Union Pier
Morning everyone! Jim, good on you to be helping your food pantry. Great contribution.

Cold here too, about 28 degrees this morning with a high of low 30's. Looks like the next week low twenty's with snow so here we go.

Staying in the shop working on a revere island light today and still organizing the shop, will it ever end? NO! The more I work on stuff the more the mess.

Have a great day everyone, stay warm and safe.

#700122 - Fri Dec 08 2017 09:25 AM Re: Chilly Friday [Re: Oldgas]
Loyd Pierce Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mt. Juliet, Tenn.
Morning all! Cold morning here also with SNOW to our south looks like it may carpet the eastern edge of Tn but will miss us. Tee shirt weather this time last week time to pull the long sleeves to the front.
Have a great day all!

#700123 - Fri Dec 08 2017 09:48 AM Re: Chilly Friday [Re: Oldgas]
Rabbitman Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Missouri,USA
Morning all. 72 turkeys? Wow, that's a lot of turkeys. Glad you made it to the pantry without the seat belts on those in your seat, pretty risky....😎
Cold here as well but clear and sunny so not a bad day for December I guess. I plan on working in the shop today and may have to break down and turn on the gas heater for the first time. The building is so well insulated that it holds heat quite a while unless I open the doors and let the cold in but each day of twenty degree temps knocks it down a few degrees. Keep warm everyone....GB

#700153 - Fri Dec 08 2017 07:26 PM Re: Chilly Friday [Re: Oldgas]
Nicole Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Maryland
Ok Jim, I gotta ask...why didn't you just pull over and slip and connect the belt behind them? crazy

Snow snow here, about 4 inches on the grass though not accumulating yet on the road, but we are expecting temps hovering at 32, so if nothing else, slickery roads of ice!

#700159 - Fri Dec 08 2017 07:58 PM Re: Chilly Friday [Re: Nicole]
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Originally Posted By Nicole
Ok Jim, I gotta ask...why didn't you just pull over and slip and connect the belt behind them? crazy

Didn't make the noise until I was already driving. There were 120 pounds of turkey in the front seat. Didn't feel like wrestling them again to hook up the seatbelt. It was only 10 minutes to the pantry.

#700163 - Fri Dec 08 2017 08:23 PM Re: Chilly Friday [Re: Oldgas]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Evening all! North Dakota has been blessed again with warmer temps and the weekend should be in the high 30's. Supposed to be fairly nice for most of next week too, but hey!--It doesn't matter to us because this is North Dakota and the weather changes at any given moment, without warning! Gotta love it!!!

Can't wait for "SAFE" ice so we can venture out onto the big lake! I hope to post a bunch of big fish pictures again this year!
Have a great evening on me!!--KEVIN
Cell#-701-739-6133

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog3 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved