Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#700545 - Thu Dec 14 2017 07:38 PM Un identified visable
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
I ran across a visable pump back in the boondocks while traveling down the highway to pick up some auction stuff I purchased . On the way back I decided to take a chance and check it out. Soon as I drove up about a 1/2 mile long driveway the guy hurried into the house from the garage . Right then I got a little nervous thinking he was going for a gun. In a Few minutes he came back out and turned out to be really friendly guy. I admired his grandpa’s restored truck for awhile then asked about the pump and finally asked if I could go out back by the barn and look at it. He said sure. I stated it looks like a Wayne and he said yea it belonged to his grandpa and now his mother . And she had the original blue globe that was on it stored away .
Problem was I could not ID the pump . Has sheet metal like a Wayne .Only odd thing I noticed is that it has a cast iron circular gallon marker on the side sheet metal approx . 6-8 “ diameter , half way down the pump with a cast iron arrow that points to the gallon numbers . Have researched and have been unable to id the pump & it appeared to be a old old restore and everything was there except the I’d tags . I didn’t want to push my luck by taking pictures so looking for help identifying the brand et’c. Waiting for that call. Hopefully .Thanks for help on this

Edited by buzzy56 (Thu Dec 14 2017 07:39 PM)

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#700549 - Thu Dec 14 2017 08:55 PM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
Craig Osbeck Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Portland Oregon
Picture always helps instead of guessing.

#700551 - Thu Dec 14 2017 09:06 PM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Yea I knew that was coming . Didn’t wanat to push my luck as the guy was nice but acted slightly odd . Hoping his mom wants to sell it as I asked him to check with her and left my number . I did not want to be pushy .

Edited by buzzy56 (Thu Dec 14 2017 09:07 PM)

#700552 - Thu Dec 14 2017 09:09 PM Re: Un identified visable [Re: Craig Osbeck]
JimT Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio U.S.A.
What do you mean -It has a gallon marker down on the sheet metal? A selector?

#700554 - Thu Dec 14 2017 10:06 PM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Yes it was a cast iron circular plate with raised numbers and had a cast iron arrow pointer (only) no tail on arrow ,
to indicate the gallon selection started at 1-2-3-4-5-6 and I didn’t count the total numbers on the dial .

#700557 - Thu Dec 14 2017 11:22 PM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
petropumps Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Oregon
Sounds like a Wayne 619.

#700560 - Fri Dec 15 2017 03:06 AM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
Speedracer Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan, USA (near Chesterfie...
Yeah, a Wayne 619 is a good bet.

#700567 - Fri Dec 15 2017 08:04 AM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

That’s it , thanks all for the detective work . Now just wishing and Hoping time for that follow up call . I had looked at hundreds and hundreds of images in the past and since finding this pump and had never found an image of this particular pump. Just shows that Jacks book would have come in handy for me . Now if he gets the new pump book finished it will be my first priority.

#700657 - Sat Dec 16 2017 11:41 PM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
Speedracer Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan, USA (near Chesterfie...
Originally Posted By buzzy56
Now if he gets the new pump book finished it will be my first priority.

Me too. I can't wait for his book.

#700704 - Sun Dec 17 2017 02:23 AM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
Jack Sim Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: St. Louis, MO, USA
Here are some pictures of the 619. The top items is the 619 parts manual. It has a picture of every part used on the 619 and where it belongs.

If interested, contact me at jhsim@petrocollect.com.

Jack Sim

#700707 - Sun Dec 17 2017 07:35 AM Re: Un identified visable [Re: buzzy56]
buzzy56 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Thanks , will shoot you an email . Bob

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved