B
bettin Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
B
delete

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

Thanks, Ron, for getting down all those figures and sharing them with us. Great contibution to our community.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the update Ron....
I watched some of it on the internet and was surprised by the prices. But like you said, condition is key and there were many unusual and cool graphic pieces.

[This message has been edited by tokheim (edited 07-25-2004).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great report Ron.
Wish I could be there again today.

I met Roy on Saturday. He was pleased but not surprised at the prices. He reported that he thought the can prices were a bit soft on Friday, but again,he wasn't surprised because the can market is fairly soft right now.

Absentee, phone, and internet bidding were strong. I think alot of Roy's stuff is going to find a new home on the west coast.

The globe selection was very limited, but the porcelain was outstanding!

Although I wasn't able to buy anything I had a great time visiting with friends. Oldgas.com had a strong contingent there. Ron Bettin, John O'hern, Russ Jacobs, Richard Weir, Aaron Hop, Dug Shelton and probably some others that I didn't see or recognize.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Thanks for the update Ron. It was great to watch some of the items online I bet watching them in person was even better!!

Scott

Scott
Wanted- Powerine and Powerlube items!
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
super report ron, great job. cheese

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Scott, I to Registered with bid spotter and was watching... the only thing bad is I was wondering how the biding works and bought a sign. I now own a 30" sign. LOL I won't make that mistake again. bidding on line works really good. Looked like prices were soft on the last day. I couldn't watch very long as I went to church.

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
WOW, I always wondered what the coin operated Mobil horse was worth but never thought $28,000. I guess since there were only 5 made so where would you ever find another. Thanks for the report Ron.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure hope the market stays strong, I'm not ready to SELL. I still enjoy this STUFF !!!

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I thought one of the very few good deals was on the Eason coin operated clock face pump for $2750. Where you gonna find another? It's one of two known.

Most of the stuff I bid on through the internet, I just got blown out of the water. The one item I wanted going in was one of the two Cal. Red Crown 15" globes. The first one I bid $2200 only to see it go for $3750. The second one, which was actually in higher rated condition, I said oh here goes nothing but the bidding somehow stopped at $1700 and it fell into my lap for probably a normal price after the penalty. Score!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the report Ron,
I was interested in the two tin pinups, (Dunlop and Blaupunkt), and seeing the Dunlop go for $5,600 was a real shock. The Dunlop is rare, but other ones we see here in Sweden go for $2-500. What would be the normal price in the US, and does the price differ much between different tin pinups?
thanks,
Claes

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved