Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#701106 - Sun Dec 24 2017 06:25 AM Bowser 565 help
Oldengine Offline

Registered: Fri Jul 16 2010
Loc: Upstate New York, USA
I have a Bowser 565 and need some advice about ad glass and signage. I am doing it up as a Sinclair pump. It is a 1938. What would be the correct globe for that pump of that year? I would like to use the Sinclair "HC" globe if they were used in 1938. How about the ad glass, what would be the right image? Dino? One ad glass is a size 10 but I cannot find any glass for the smaller one, 5 x 7 1/4.

Same question for a 12" sign, what would be the right image?

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!


Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#701121 - Sun Dec 24 2017 12:45 PM Re: Bowser 565 help [Re: Oldengine]
keithia Offline
Veteran Member

Registered: Fri Dec 14 2001
Loc: USA
H-C is fine. I would use H-C ad glass as well. Sinclair did not use pump plates back then. They did not use pump plates until Dino and Dino Supreme came out in like 1959. You will need to use an H-C sticker or water transfer decal.

Don't use a capco globe either. Make sure it is a 3 piece glass or earlier.
Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.


Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved