Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We're restoring our first gas pump, a Wayne 70. We have a few questions that hopefully some fellow oldgassers can help out with (pics would be a huge help). We've looked at tons of pics of these pumps but they really aren't answering these questions.
1) Did these ever run a hose retractor of any sort? We've seen these listed for sale but am not sure if they were used or how they attach if they do.
2) We see two different nozzle receiver bezels available. Ones like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110908314421?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
and ones like this: http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/shop/product.php?productid=17027&cat=357&page=1
Our pump doesn't appear to have anywhere to mount something like the first one but does for the second one. Is the first even used on a Wayne 70?

Thanks!

Looking for Tulsa Oil Globes, any Tulsa-based cans, Troco anything, Bosch signs and clocks, original VW dealership stuff and original white capcos!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think I know you.....(HA HA)....and maybe the pump you are referring to.

I am always looking for anything Texaco or Oklahoma oil and gas company's, also I am a newbie at seeking globes.
OP Offline
Hey Ron! Yea we changed our oldgas handle! We've been trying to figure out the missing pieces and we're running into some snags. We've got the paint lined up, the graphics ready for new ad glass and stickers, and an electrician friend who's going to rewire it, but we want to get all the parts in hand before we go any further.

Looking for Tulsa Oil Globes, any Tulsa-based cans, Troco anything, Bosch signs and clocks, original VW dealership stuff and original white capcos!
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My gas pump identification book shows basically five different Wayne 70. You need to determine which one you have. I also have sales literatue, parts lists and ads for the 70s available.

Just like a car, it is best to know which model you have.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If your hose outlet is at the bottom (extenda-hose version of Wayne 70) only then you would require the hose retractor and the brass nozzle rest listed on e-bay.

If your hose outlet is at the top (more common and probably what you have) then you don't need the retractor. You will need the stainless nozzle bezel as seen in the Gas Pump Heaven link in your post.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
OP Offline
Hi Dave and Jack - I should have mentioned it's a 70C so yes the hose outlet is on top. Thank you for your help on this!

Now - a quick question on the globe holder - is the 6" adaptor that everyone lists what we need to mount a Capco globe on top? It still has the original globe holder on top but it's too large for a Capco. This is the part I'm referring to: http://www.gaspumpheaven.com/shop/product.php?productid=16697&cat=357&page=1

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Capco bodies have a 6" base and you will need the 6" adapter in the link you attached. Also available in a polished aluminum version if you want some bling. You can always use longer screws in the 7" adapter that you have on your pump presently.

Dave GILL,
OP Offline
Thank you so much for the help Dave! I'm sure we'll have some more questions soon but this should keep us busy for a bit.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad, I could be of assistance.

Dave GILL,
OP Offline
Okay - got a new question! Our hinges on one door were cut so we're getting ready to order new ones. They are available pre-drilled and not - what's the best way to go on these?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pre drilled--definitely!

There are a lot of Wayne 6 inch globe holders out there in the parts market. Advertise here on Old Gas for one and I'm sure someone has one. They usually run $40 for a nice one. Much better than aftermarket.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree, less frustration and eliminates any chances of error.

Dave GILL,
OP Offline
Again - thanks for the help! We're going to get those on order so we can re-fit the door on before it all gets torn down and heads off for paint.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Photo's that may or may not help of Wayne 70 that I restored and use in my waiting room at my shop. Model is a 70c

IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4326.JPG IMG_4327.JPG
Last edited by MMATTESON; Fri Jul 27 2012 02:06 PM.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
OP Offline
Thanks for the pics Mike! That's a great looking pump! Would it be possible to get a closer pic of both the hose side and the reset handle side?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved