Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#706065 Sat Mar 10 2018 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I talked to an older guy Friday that I have traded with in the past. He and his son have a large collection of signs and poles and some pumps too. I asked him about a particular sign as I knew he had a lot of duplicates. Sadly, he told me that 2 weeks ago his buildings were broken into and every sign that wasn't up on a pole was stolen.

He had one Mobil Pegasus in the batch and I'm waiting on a list. He said there was a lot of Coke buttons, two 29" Phillips 66 in the lollipop curb stand, another lollipop stand with Coke and Slow school zone. He said he had some repop Coke buttons but they were left behind. They knew what to get.

This sounds just like the same thieves that hit Miles Little and the Sonny Beachum car museum. The guys name is Jimmy and they live in East Florence, SC. The farm where all the buildings got broken into is in Darlington County.

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
57-Chevy #706066 Sat Mar 10 2018 08:24 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Hard to believe someone had all that time and no one saw anything in all the cases. Someone knows these people because it seems they know where to go. Funny this stuff has not popped up anywhere. Wonder if it is going overseas ?

Craig
57-Chevy #706075 Sun Mar 11 2018 08:35 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
All I can say you have to keep on your guard all the time. These ***** don't care, but there time will come. Will keep a look out in eastern N.C.

57-Chevy #706080 Sun Mar 11 2018 11:20 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Maybe the group of victims should sit down and talk to see if the same person(s) was at all places prior to to the theft or other odd circumstances. Maybe there is a common denominator that has yet to be discovered.

57-Chevy #706557 Tue Mar 20 2018 03:35 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's hard to believe that in this day and age that people with large collections don't have security of some kind. Considering the value of these collections, why on earth wouldn't people take proper precautions? Alarm systems, wireless cameras, security gates or fences. It's like taking your car to the store and leaving the keys in it. I feel sorry for the victims, but that is the kind of world we live in today.
These guys are professionals. Your not going to find this stuff at swap meets and Flea Markets or on Facebook or Craig's list.
We have a gate, building alarm, cameras, driveway alarm, numerous LED motion lighting floods and a dog you don't want to meet.
And what I have left isn't much anymore since I get sick.
Protect it or sell it.

Last edited by Old Racer; Tue Mar 20 2018 03:41 AM.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved