Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7059 Sat Jun 26 2004 12:51 AM
M
MM Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Ok, I'm getting close to finishing my first pump. After its all done how do you move these things? Right now its in the garage but I'm going to put it in the house. But also I am going to be moving (got transfered to washington). So movers will be moving it for me but I don't want my nice new paint job to get damaged. Any ideas?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#7060 Sat Jun 26 2004 03:56 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
When I move any of my pumps ,first I secure the nozzel with a heavy zip tie, remove the globe and box it up, I then rap the pump in industreal cling wrap, I then rap it with a good thick blanket and while my wife holds the blanket I use duct tape to hold the blancket in place I then rap it again with more of the industreal cling wrap, the cling wrap holds everything nice and tight,go around the pump several times , you then have a pump in a cocoon , you can then use a furniture dolly to move the pump, the pump should be placed up against a wall in your trailer with a good tie downs, if your trailer is open I would lay the pump on a few old tires , no wheels just tires and secure it with tie downs , I've hauled my fair share of pumps over the years with not one scratch, but this is what works for me, I'm sure there are other good ways of doing it also. I hope this helps

Chris Holt
#7061 Sat Jun 26 2004 05:41 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Chris,
Your wife doesn't complaine about being wrapped up with the pump ?
I can't do that, my dolly is not strong enough to carry the wife AND a pump at the same time !! LMAO

#7062 Sat Jun 26 2004 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELL MY LAST PUMP WAS HEADING FOR THE LIVING ROOM OF MY HOUSE ALSO. SO WHAT I DID WAS BRING THE FRAME UP FIRST AND THEN ASSEMBLED IT IN THE LIVING ROOM ON A TARP. BECAUSE IT WAS GOING TO BE PARTIALLY ON A SLATE FLOOR I GOT SOME SMALL DIAMETER PLASTIC (OR RUBBER) HOSE...SLICED IT LONGWAYS AND WRAPPED IT AROUND THE BASE GIVING IT A SENSE OF REAL PROTECTION ON THE FLOORS...IT SEEMED TO WORK....I AFFIXED CASTORS TO MY EARLIER PUMP TO KEEP IT OFF THE CARPET AND MAKE IT EASIER TO MOVE WHEN I NEEDED TO.

HOPE THIS HELPS......

DOC @ THE AMERICAN HTH GARAGES
drcoke@optonline.net

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#7063 Sat Jun 26 2004 08:04 AM
D
DL Offline
D
I also plan to move soon. I have a tall (Cyclops) M&S 80, and it weighs a ton. Can movers transport this in one piece (without the globe, of course), or does the frame need to be disassembled? In other words, should I remove the doors, base, etc. Please tell me 'no', because that would be a lot of work!

#7064 Sun Jun 27 2004 08:09 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The thing should weigh less than a refrig. and is smaller. I move mine the same way as Chris but instead of a blanket I use bubble wrap... the big ones. I figure globes come shipped in that stuff and don't break why not a pump. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#7065 Sun Jun 27 2004 10:45 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
DL ,yes movers can move your pump in one piece, you do not have to take it apart, just remove the globe, Javis I too have used the Bubble rap and it does work great, if you take the time to protect it , you should have no problems.

Chris Holt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved