Print Thread
#706569 Tue Mar 20 2018 08:32 AM
M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Has anyone worked on the clock mechanism to make the hands move forward and then reverse? I have a variable speed motor to spin the gears, but the pawl lifter gear will not lift the pawl. When the pawl comes in contact with the cam on the lifter gear, there is a jam. I can push the lifter gear forward one millimeter and the pawl lifts and the clock mechanism works perfectly from that point on and the hand reverse process also works, but not if the cam does not lift the pawl; everything stops at that point. The first photo shows the jammed spot. Second photo shows the clutch assembly that may be slipping and not allowing the lifter gear to rotate with enough power to move forward and lift the pawl. If that is the problem, I can't fix the clutch. The 3rd photo shows the pawl lifted by the cam.
Joe

pawl lifter gear jambed.JPG pawl lifter gear clutch.JPG SAM_1831.JPG
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I am giving up and putting the pump back together. First time I was unable to figure out a workaround on an old gas pump.

M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I did not give up, put all of the parts back together, added the ladder chain to the sprockets and everything functions now; hands rotate clockwise and the reset handle rotates the hands counterclockwise back to zero. it is fun to watch it operate like it should.
Joe

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I was confident that you finally figure it out Joe. Sometimes persistence is the best tool. Good for you.

Randy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now I can send you mine to fix up!! Lol chris

M
model72 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I could probably make your clock face mechanism work, but you would have to remove the top section of your pump and that would be a PITA and expensive to ship.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved