Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#699968 Wed Dec 06 2017 04:19 PM
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Picked up this ad glass over the weekend and hadn’t heard of the company previously. Research pulled up one photo of a station and some info about a suit/countersuit against Sun Oil Co that took place in the 1950s in the Atlantic City court system (NJ). I would assume it’s a small independent NJ company from this info, but beyond that I know nothing about the company nor can I find squat on google or from previous forum posts. Any info, pictures of stations and items (cans, maps, signs) etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5D498047-7DE2-4C75-ABAD-6CAD31B751B2.jpeg D67C9EDF-F128-4900-83BD-7487C17B609C.jpeg

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
As soon as Wayne Henderson sees this post he will tell you all about this company.

JACK SIM

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Much appreciated, Jack. I look forward to hearing about it.

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Acquired the ad glass’s counterpart, still looking for ANY info or photos of the company. Thank you!

38862E92-A54A-4EEE-9BD8-24EDFC7D4F3E.jpeg

RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Still hoping someone can throw me a bone, no information turned up at all.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Don't have any info, but I remember there was a Garden State gas station on Delsea Dr in Vineland NJ back in the 70's. Got gas there many times.

Ed from South Jersey
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I appreciate the post, that’s more info than anyone has been able to lend. Do you happen to remember anything about the pumps, products, station or signage? Ive got nothing to go on besides the ad glass and photo, so any piece of info, no matter how small, will really help me out. Thank you

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I don't remember what kind of pumps they used, I was a teenager back then & wasn't paying attention to that kind of stuff. The layout was similar to your pic, just one single island, although not as long as yours. I think there were 2 or 3 pumps and an oil cabinet. If I remember correctly, the shape of the big sign out front was very similar, if not the same, shape as the one in your picture. I think the letters were black, and the body of the sign was white. I did an internet search and couldn't come up with anything on this particular gas station.

Ed from South Jersey
RedHat Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Awesome to hear a firsthand experience, thank you for taking the time to share. Have a good one!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Redhat, a few days ago a buddy of mine was asking me about my gas pumps, and he mentioned remembering 2 Garden State gas stations when he was growing up. One was on Rt 130 in Deepwater NJ, and the other on Rt 49 in Pennsville NJ. I know it's not much, but it's 2 more known to exist.

Ed from South Jersey

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved