Next Thread
Print Thread
#709432 Thu May 10 2018 02:01 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hey all,

Thanks for allowing me to register.

I am a car guy from Abilene, TX. I have grown up with cars and antiques for a lifetime. I have attended EVERY Pate swapmeet since the first one in about '71 or '72! I have built antique cars, race cars, motorcycles, recumbent bikes, wind generators, and even gone through a couple of sailboats. I like anything pertaining to cars, trucks, and motorcycles, and that includes oil and gas stuff.
We really like old stuff and have mountains of it from a lifetime of collecting by several generations. My family and I will appear on American Pickers on the History Channel in a couple of weeks from one of our storage shops is in Brady, TX.

What prompted me to actually sign up was the recent purchase of a 1926 era Keesee 106 that I am beginning to restore. I am well acquainted with restorations in general, but will need a lot of help being sure I do things pretty 'right' on this old pump. I need suggestions on authentic era colors, paint schemes, and branding. One skin is nice, but the other has a hole gouged in it and I am making a new replacement since it has no features or critical bends (the other one carries all the character items). I need to know if the Buckeye M nozzle that came with it is proper, or not? How to disassemble and do what is necessary to the pump mechanism? and what globe is period correct? Ideas? Suggestions?

I am looking forward to perusing the "search" sections to get answers to these, and likely other questions.

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...20000.1525982259.&type=3&theater[/img]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Judgeyoung #709436 Thu May 10 2018 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
welcome aboard .. ... cool

RANDY
Judgeyoung #709441 Thu May 10 2018 03:06 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas from another Texas resident!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved