Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#710012 Mon May 21 2018 09:26 AM
J
OP Offline
J
During the disassembly of my ECO Islander, I noticed that the water hose on my unit is actually branded with the ECO logo. Is that a common thing to have? would it be worth trying to preserve that hose or just replace it with a new one?

IMG_1805.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hi, Jeff. I'm not an expert on air/water stations by any means. But generally speaking regarding our gas and oil stuff, I think you'd want to preserve this ECO-branded water hose. I believe it's not seen that often. Even if you want to install a new hose as part of your restoration, save this original ECO hose. I guarantee you that someone here on Old Gas will want to buy it from you. Best, John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Mon May 21 2018 09:43 AM.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
In my 30 years of restoring ECOs I have only found two of these hoses. I sold one and kept the other. I intend to restore a ECO that is as close to the one made in 1947. I have all the parts including the paper work that was in the crate with the meter. This includes all the items that are shown on the lower part of page 114 of my air book. All the advertising pieces including the hat.

If you intend to use the meter I wouldn't use the hose, it is probably over 50 years old. It will make a nice display. Just wipe it down with a rag with lacquer thinner on it, it should come out looking new.

Nice find,

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I agree with John. I have a couple of NOS hoses like that left for a 90 series and have turned $400 a piece.
Ron

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
......................$450? wink

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
J
OP Offline
J
I definitely will hold onto it and see if it can cleaned and Jack mentioned. I don't think it is a full length hose but it still pretty cool to have that molded into the hose. Thanks for your responses, its nice being able to acquire knowledge from the best.

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I went to see what was on the hose I removed from my Islander and is branded, but different. It was marked as such MOORE SPEC #57 MARK II(T).

dr+E3BWKS0uolxy5xFx8XQ.jpg eQAiqWpmS2O3Xpu2qa8rYQ.jpg
Last edited by J, Micieli; Wed May 23 2018 02:13 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved