Now that I’m finished hammering out the dents I test fit my panels and doors on both pumps. I attached the door hooks and marked each position on each door individually once I had a good fit against the pump. Soon these panels will be ready for coating. Once coated I can re attach the door hooks in same locations on each door for the same fit as when I mocked it up.
Value Questions and Showcase forums
Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category
Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
I spent today at the shop and made some good progress on the pumps. I finished powder coating the panels on both pumps and had a friend in to help with re wiring the electrical. One of the original pull switches was rusted solid so a simple toggle switch was spliced in. I’m waiting on one more shipment for the chrome door trim and then I should have these pumps buttoned up.
I finished the two Gilbarco pumps this weekend. I went with Texaco Fire Chief and Sky Chief. I decided against a solid red and solid silver pump and went with a two tone look instead. I ran into a couple issues when putting them back together one was using a weldbond glue on the rubber door gasket that didn’t bond anything! I cleaned off each door and used a Gorilla super glue instead. It dried in 20 seconds and was solid. The only other issue was the the shaft on reset handle is a bit too short on each pump to make it to the Veeder Root. I’ll be making up a couple new ones so that it is functioning. Hope everyone enjoyed following the progress on these pumps as much as I did working on them!