Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#710478 Tue May 29 2018 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I picked up an unusual Erie clockface over the weekend. I've sent pics. to several collectors that have had this style pump before. So far, nobody has ever seen one with this cast side plate and different nozzle rest.

The visi gauge (missing) is on opposite side of nozzle rest. Nobody can figure out what the cast opening to the left of the nozzle rest would be for? We are assuming the sheet metal on this side would have been cut out all the way across. The raised cast lip on that left side opening is above the recess on the corners where the side panel would sit. The faces are 9" diameter. All the guts are still intact.

I'm thinking it might possibly be a model 450, but the picture in Jack's first book doesn't show the side.

Any of you seen this version before or own one? Which visi gauge would be correct for it?

Thanks,
Michael

IMG_1310.JPG IMG_1308.JPG

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My guess is that it is a 603. The 450/451 has a fancy bezel around the clock, you pump does not. I looked at all the pictures and other info on the 603 and none of the pictures show the side of the 603.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Jack, my copy of your first edition book shows the model 450 on page 157. There's no fancy bezel on that pump and notice the nozzle rest is opposite of the visi gauge.

The model 603 on page 158 has the nozzle rest on same side of visi gauge. The base is also shorter on the 603.

KJV Psalms 16:11

Thou wilt shew me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved