Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Here's a topic I'm willing to bet has never come up on Old Gas before. I have had this handmade, one-quart oil pour pitcher on my display shelves for ages. It was handcrafted by someone back in the day, who obviously had a lot of sheet metal working skill, time, and a good, practical understanding of geometry.

This pour pitcher was made from one of the earlier Motor Seal Oil Cans. Of course, the maker located the spout right where the Indian chief logo would have been on the can. That said, the workmanship is quite something. It appears that the spout and the handle were made from a different brand oil can. Maybe someone can I.D. that on for fun!

I have found this to be a nifty, unusual display piece. I'm heading to Iowa Gas with it this year, and would appreciate getting any price range ideas from some of you. I realize this is going to be a shot in the dark, since it's not likely one of these changed hands before. Thanks in advance for any input. John

001 (750x575).jpg 007 (578x750).jpg 010 (743x750).jpg 014 (689x750).jpg
Last edited by Jolly-John; Mon Jul 23 2018 02:39 PM.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Here's one more photo:

004 (750x512).jpg
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
That's very cool. I have one very similar not as old. It's made from a Standard Oil RPM can.I don't know how to post pictures.

Originally Posted by wayno48
I don't know how to post pictures.

Posting photos is easy since the upgrade. Read this Help topic and send me a pm message if you have trouble.

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369#Post703369

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
Yes, Jim, posting photos IS easy. I'm a computer dinosaur, and can do it! Thanks for having such a user-friendly system for that. John

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved