Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Air Meter auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#715942 Thu Aug 30 2018 07:57 PM
OP Offline
If you have any FUSES tins not shown in my photo, I'd greatly appreciate it if you would contact me regarding these little Fuse tins. I only want 8+ or better condition tins. Tins I know I am looking for are: UNION-Horiz.; UNION - black w/yellow outline; UNITED; MOTOROLA - light blue; LION; VICTOR; TRU-TEST; BOWES-Vintage wwide text; CHAMP; STAR-BRITE; MERIDIAN; PHILLIPS 66; CHEVROLET-white; GM-blue/white; GOLD BAND. THANKS! Phil[Linked Image]

Last edited by hofilbert; Thu Aug 30 2018 08:03 PM.

I buy H.O. slot cars! I also collect auto FUSE TINS - tell me what you have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
impressive colorful set of fuse boxes,
did many of the oil company's label the fuse boxes with there logo
this is the only oil company I've came across that did .. ... cool

IMG_3258[1].JPG

RANDY
OP Offline
I've not seen much of any oil companies with fuses for sale really at all, except for P-66 like your tin. Was LION an oil company? They made a nice fuse tin. Mostly, they were fuse factories (many in STL, Chicago or NJ) that sold the merchandise in auto stores, OR, they were auto companies, like Chrysler, GM, Ford, etc. that marketed there own brand of fuses available to the public thru their dealerships.
I am in need of a P-66 tin like you have if you ever want to let it go. Thanks for sharing.
Please note, I've only been collecting these tins for just 4 months now. ITs TRUE!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by hofilbert
Was LION an oil company? They made a nice fuse tin.
I am in need of a P-66 tin like you have if you ever want to let it go. Thanks for sharing.
Please note, I've only been collecting these tins for just 4 months now. ITs TRUE!

you work quick- Lion is a oil company out of Arkansas - I'll see if I have a extra of the P-66 tin if
not I'm sure somebody on here has one - good luck with the tins .. ... cool

RANDY
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Hi, hofilbert. I just sent you a PM here on Old Gas. Check out the little white flashing envelope at the top of the page. Thanks. John

OP Offline
I have sent you an email, If you don't get it, please let me know. Thanks, Phil

R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Nice collection Phil. I don't think the Lion fuse tin is from Lion Oil in AR. I've seen spark plugs, handy oil, tube patch , etc from an unrelated Lion company. I'll see if I can get you a photo/company info.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
OP Offline
No need for a photo. I know what it looks like (orange with dark lettering and a thick white "O" w/lion head inside). I missed out on an ebay auction for a nice mint one when I first started. Looking for another.
Yes, the oil company had a few different logo images both with a large full bodied lion horizontal and LION set across the middle. I made some H.O. scale decal images years ago with the vintage and more 50's style logos. These are waterslide H.O. scale decals I made several years ago.
[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved