Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#717596 Thu Oct 04 2018 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I am restoring a 300 for someone and have never done one with this particular veeder root (please see picture). Most pumps that I have restored have the VR with the reset crank. This 300 has the on/off lever that starts the pump. Here is my question:

If I set this up with Kevin Frith's motor underneath and the gallons tick away while the bell rings, what will set the numbers on the VR back to zero's when I'm done 'pumping gas'? Does the on/off lever do it? And is it done electrically with that solenoid looking thing on the side of the VR (top-right of picture #2) or is it done mechanically when you move the on/off lever back and forth?

If I don't end up installing the KWFrith motor, does the bell still sound when it resets, like the crank versions?

Basically, the person I'm restoring it for, needs to hear a bell (which I would want to also), and of course I want to make them happy.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for any help.

-Steve

IMG_8949.JPG IMG_8950.JPG IMG_8951.JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Thu Oct 04 2018 09:58 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Steve,

When the pump was done pumping gas you moved the lever underneath the nozzle rest to the off position. The next time you turned the pump on with this lever it reset the computer then started the pump. The reset is done mechanically semi automatically. I'll let you do the reading.

The bell won't ring unless you motorize the computer, because you can't reset it like a crank back.

Let me know if you have any questions. But I don't work on those computers.

Tom.

IMG_20181005_3272.jpg IMG_20181005_14906.jpg IMG_20181005_23219.jpg

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This will show you how a 56 resets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfIhT_EfTI

Last edited by jkyocom; Sat Oct 06 2018 02:43 PM.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Tom, Thank you for all of the great information and for taking the time to post it.

And

Joe, Thanks for posting the link to the excellent video. Nice video!

You guys answered all my questions. Now I just gotta Make sure the pump goes back together the same way wink

I really appreciate you guys helping me out.
Thanks again,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Oct 07 2018 10:53 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Over the years, when I have a client that wants the computer to reset and hear the bell, I always send the unit to Joe and have him do the work. It returns beautifully done with a guarantee that it works. It might be an option if you want to save time and be sure your customer is satisfied? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved