Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I'm a filmmaker looking for a gas pump to use as a prop in a film being shot in Colorado early next year. Hoping to connect with someone local who'd be interested in having their pump used in our film.

Last edited by Oldgas; Sat Nov 03 2018 06:05 PM. Reason: Edit to put request in Title
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I just finished a book which identifies over 2500 gas pumps made since 1889. You need to supply what era for the film.

Jack Sim
www.gaspumpbible.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
OP Offline
Thanks Jack. The era that the pump is from is actually not too important to the story. The film is set in an old timey mountain town in Colorado, but takes place in a post-apocalyptic future. So we need something that visually matches the aesthetic of the town, but could theoretically come from any era. So I was hoping to find a local collector who has something that looks "right" without being too concerned about its history.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
My book is far sale at this website: www.gaspumpbible.com Go to this site and look at the cover of the book.

I am not asking you to purchase the book, but take a look at the cover of the book. I tried to tell some type of a continuation of the gas pump by years. Not every pump restorer/collector collects any pump, many concentrate on a certain type of pump. You should also specify if you want an unrestored or a very nice restored pump.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
OP Offline
Ah, that's very helpful. Looking at the cover I think we'd want something from the 1940s or 50s. And it should definitely be unrestored. We want it to be rusty and appear broken and unused.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Dang if I lived closer my wife would probably donate some of mine! Lol she says I spend too much time polishing rustšŸ¤£

D
D
I know this struggling gas pump actor is looking for work. Not sure if it's what you're looking for though? I live South of Denver.

15417433309155554975489166691753.jpg
OP Offline
Thanks Detson! That one looks pretty great. The only concern I have is the circular sign on top might draw a bit too much attention to itself and the brand. Is that easily removable?

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
The "circular sign" on top is called a globe,plastic and glass,easily removeable!

Frank Jordan

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved