Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#720019 Fri Nov 23 2018 10:21 AM
OP Offline
Hi!

Just picked up my 1st pump about 3 weeks and my 2nd one last night. Both unrestored and dont really know much about them or what to do with them.

One is a 53 tolkheim (so I was told) and the 2nd is a gibarco 1066.

All guts are still in them (what bugger these things are to lift!). Need to know, should I remove the inners or keep it in them?

The 1066 i have plans to restore in a sunoco theme. The 53, not sure yet.

But before I do anything, I need to truly know their model numbers and if what I have is worth it?

Paid $650 and $415 CAD for the 2 pieces

Lara

Resized_20181107_093026_6608.jpeg image000000001.jpeg Screenshot_20181121-183134_Chrome.jpg 20181122_214458.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Looks like a Tokheim 300 and G&B 1002 to me. You will get a 50 50 split as to leave the guts in or take them out. Some will say leave them just like you have found them. They are your pumps do what you want with them. Have fun. Richard

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Lara, the tag on the G&B says it's a 1006 I also see the ID tag on the side opposite of the nozzle right below the rest handle on the Tokheim pump, Top line left side should be model number and top line right side of tag should be manufacture date. I think you did good on the prices considering the exchange rate for Canadian currency.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
If you are looking for more information on your pumps just go to this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/gas%20pump%20literature.htm Then click on either Gilbarco or Tokheim, then on the model number.

I am also the author of the Gas Pump ID books, the 3rd Edition just came out, for information click here: www.gaspumpbible.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
OP Offline
Thank you gents. When i get a chance I will snap a pic of the plate on my tolkheim. I have to say, I noticed the other day the front of the tolkheim isnt glass, someone put plexiglass on it and it is cracked. Which isnt too bad considering it will have to be restored anyway, but I prefer as original as possible.

Please tell your takes on keeping or ridding of the guts? I would like to hear everyones take on the notion?

What increases and decreases values on these things?

My personality says keep em there, and do as little as possible to these guys but that is me and my hubby says strip it down and bring new life to them. We are very different in our views. My wagon is all original, still 6 volt, I like her as is, he wants me to redo her lower her, wheels the whole nine yards .

What is your takes and why?

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Dear 54HandymanWagon. As a new member, you're asking the folks here to comment on subjects (guts in or on....restore or leave as is) that have been covered on Old Gas any number of times in the past. The topic is new to you, but not to many others here on Old Gas. Most folks (not all) will likely not spend the time to type in the thoughts they have already previously expressed on the forum.. You can search Old Gas history for these topics, by clicking on the word "Search" found at the top of the page. Happy reading! John

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I agree with Jolly about looking up information in the Search section of this site. It seems your question comes up every week.

Gas Pump Identification book available at: www.gaspumpbible.com

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Lara...I have restored 3 in the last 20 years. I removed “the guts” for a very practical reason...just to make it easier to move them around...you are right...they are a bugger to to move!
Steve

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
I have a tall Tok 39 that had the inners and I saved the actual pump.....for a while...and scrapped the rest. It was an original Tok pump with the logo embossed on it and I thought it was cool. I was going to paint it to match the outside ....with black letters. I since moved and didn't take it with me...I wish I would have kept it and stored it inside the door on the shelf.....just a thought...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved