Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Up for Trade...
This lens on a banded body is sooo rare that I've decided that I'm not going to be able to find another single and the guys that have one don't want to let theirs sell to me so I'll trade it, for...
... a TYDOL Cast Single Lens and Body. Prefrence is a TYDOL TWO cast lens but would consider other cast lenses or other rare/cool singles on a body.(ex. Chicken wing or aviation Associated, washed out Husky/Frontier/Seaside/Mohawk etc,, just examples and I'm open to others)
Rare Banded Tydol Single with milk glass body that has a crack on the top that goes out to the blank side and that is not spreading as far as I can tell. Other side has a original copper or brass band with 3 of the 4 nuts. No other cracks, chips or problems with the body.
Lens has some wash out on the bottom and some chips on the edge, under the band, around 3 o clock.
Would like a like for like trade so, if the body has some damage and if the lens has some wash out and or chips, then that's a good trade for this one but I would insist that the body have a correct snap ring for the blank side.
LMK what you have to trade...

IMG_20190108_131942.jpg IMG_20190108_131900.jpg IMG_20190107_205638.jpg IMG_20190108_131951.jpg

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
For Sale Petroliana - Unpriced

Sellers Must Be Approved to Sell in This Category

Click on "Contact" on the upper right to request this privilege, stating a reason

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...just a thought: why not just sell your lens to one of the people you spoke of, who have a single? I would think they'd be the most willing buyers for a single lens...

...I would think it would be easier for you to find someone wanting cash for what you're looking for, than a trade for something they won't be able to complete, either...

...even with the crack, someone out there needs a banded glass body...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I appreciate the suggestion Mark and it does make sense but I like it, so I don't want to give it up unless I have something I like to replace it with. It's the first original globe I'm keeping for my self.

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved