Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#726705 Fri Mar 15 2019 11:54 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hello All,
I have a question on some items i have seen on Ebay lately. A Clark sign that It Calls out "Vintage" which doesn't mean Original but I bought it because the of my last name is Clark and I figures I would give it a try. I used to do car shows with my inlaws years ago selling repop signs and restored gas pumps at car shows and I hadn't come across a repop Clark sign but that was 15 years ago. Are they repopping these now?
CLARK SIGN
CLARK Sign

Thank you for your help.
Nate

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
"Vintage" is the overused Ebay header hooker to try and get more people to look at listings and to convey some suggestion of age which is frequently false. I am not a Clark collector, but know enough to generalize that most of the 12" rounds are reproduction or fantasy signs. All one needs to do in the case of your first link is look at the sellers other items, which are all junk $20 repro/fantasy signs with a little rust and a couple chips added to try and fool buyers. I can't get the second link to go anywhere myself. But yes, they are being made now.....
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Clark never used A round Pump plate that I know of. These are the 2 styles I have in my collection that I know of that They used on their pumps other than decals.

And in your case they probably don't do any good because neither one says Clark on it...LOL

MIKES CELL 608.JPG MIKES CELL 627.JPG

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
Mike M. #726904 Tue Mar 19 2019 11:49 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Hello All,
Thank you for your info I had never seen a round Clark pump plate and I have the ethel one on my wall so I wanted to see one of these in person. I figured that this was a repop sign that someone "distressed" to look old. I received mine in the mail yesterday and I was totally correct you can tell the holes we drilled and stressed to make the porcelain pop and then they coated with acid to get the sign to rust. This is one of the things I use to see when going to flea markets or even auctions and most people don't understand that those are repops and not worth the hundreds they see on American Pickers. I will share pictures later today.
Thanks Nate

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved