Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728595 Tue Apr 23 2019 11:44 AM
R
OP Offline
R
I have a tidewater green base thats embossed differently and unlike anything on here or google.. can not find one pic of it.. help?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Online Cool
It would really help if you took a photo of your item and posted a reply here with an attached photo.

How to upload an attached photo on this forum:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703369

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
OP Offline
R
So with some digging this base is the only one of its kind in existence i was able to find unless someone can show otherwise. Theres 3 photos of tide water bases that are all a bit diffrent on the internet. 2 went under a veetrol and one no sighn... all black or rusty none were this green color witch makes me think this is possibley a tydol or FlyingA sighn base since some had some green of the same color in the sighn and were early Tide Water products... I cannot find this base on all of google. Can anyone else? I think this may be the only one known of this mold to exist. Any info or thoughts or price ranges? Thanks. IF ANYONE HAS THIS GREEN BASE WITH THE ORIGIONAL SIGHN PLEASE SHOOT ME THE PIC, thanks.

20190423_130309.jpg 20190423_130258.jpg 20190423_130253.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
i have one that says tide water

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...there's a LOT out there that isn't searchable on the internet...so, it's a bit premature to think this is the only one...

...also, 'early Tide Water products' were orange, black and white...Tydol was a Tide Water product dating to the 1910s, and Flying A was an Associated product, introduced in 1932...Associated products used a green like this...this tells me that your base is from some time after Tidewater and Associated became affiliated in 1936...possibly an old Tide Water base was painted green after the merger?

...you should read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidewater_Petroleum

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Why do people who are brand new or otherwise state that the thing they found is the only one in existence?

RIP Kiwi
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I sometimes say that never seen one before but I guarantee there is more out there. Never made just one.

For some folks, the internet IS there whole world. - Jack J.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved