Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728503 Mon Apr 22 2019 05:32 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
So I was browsing through the Facebook sign groups and saw a snazzy video which shows a guy using steel wool and some product called, "TheJuice This Is It."

TheJuice Web Site

The video shows oxidation magically fading away as the steel wool and juice is rubbed into an oxidized sign. Has anyone used or seen anything like this? I'm curious if this is legit or not. For 50 bucks, I could clean up a good number of oxidized signs but I'm leery about any miracle solution.

Thanks to any and all replies in advance.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know nothing about it , but chances are it's made up from products already at your hardware store.
Barkeepers friend and others.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
he was at the nh show set up doing peoples signs there and selling his product, its a clear liquid $50 a bottle i have not tried it but from what i seen it worked on alot of signs
marky

collect jenney, independent oil co. , underhay oil co , valora motor oil and other massachusetts brands.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think there is a difference of opinion if it is a cleaner or a shine enhancer. It is good to clean a sign in my opinion. An enhancer on the other hand can be temporary and give a false look of how the sign really is, like using WD-40 or furniture polish.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Petro Enthusiast
OP Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wes Maxwell
I think there is a difference of opinion if it is a cleaner or a shine enhancer. It is good to clean a sign in my opinion. An enhancer on the other hand can be temporary and give a false look of how the sign really is, like using WD-40 or furniture polish.

Yea, this is where my apprehension resides. Can this truly restore oxidized signs or is this a short term gimmick that will later wear off and then you're out 50 bucks. Worse, someone uses this on a sign right before they sell it to you and then shortly afterwards, its true condition is revealed when this stuff wears off.

I guess it's a wait and see situation.

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Wes Maxwell

You are correct. The steel wool is doing the work. The solution is hiding the fine scratches.

Randy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
its an enhancer... no different than using howards feed n wax, other than it may be a better product for signs specifically... and more permanent and less oily residue.

good product, possibly... but just know what you are putting on your sign is not necessarily removing oxidation, but rather masking it.

would i use it on faded or oxidized signs that i own, yeah sure. but sellers should disclosed that a sign has been waxed or 'juiced' prior to selling... as long as everyone is honest, then its just another product in the arsenal for cleaning up lesser condition signs. its the dishonest sellers that can cause an issue.

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Got a bottle of this recently it doesn't have a smell. Dulled the shine. Started seeing white under blue on porcelain in spots. Not sold that this product does anything at all. I didn't use a steel wool used a scotch pad maybe the steel reacts with it. More tests to come. Did shine up a couple of cans pretty good.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Did half of different sign this time with 0000 steel wool not a miracle but got rid of the white haze. Did absolutely nothing for the tin sign I tried picture of rag when I wiped down

IMG_20190510_204231.jpg IMG_20190510_213555.jpg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved