Sun Jun 02 2019 12:17 PM
Sun Jun 02 2019 12:17 PM
Big Sky Country
minuteman Offline OP
Veteran Member
minuteman  Offline OP
Veteran Member
Big Sky Country
If you can't get enough out of your 5 gallon can, just cut out the sides and sell them as signs, should get
at least 2 signs out of it.

ca.jpg

Wanted early tin litho signage.
petro, farm, auto, etc.
Re: Can Signs. [Re: minuteman] #730449
Mon Jun 03 2019 06:31 PM
Mon Jun 03 2019 06:31 PM
Indiana
kybred76 Offline
Petro Enthusiast
kybred76  Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Indiana
Brought $500 to boot

Jim McNerney
----------------
Mainly collect White Rose, Enarco, Derby Gas, Union 76. But also collect anything unique, rare or just plain cool.
Re: Can Signs. [Re: minuteman] #730461
Mon Jun 03 2019 08:43 PM
Mon Jun 03 2019 08:43 PM
NJ
RedHat Online sleepy
Veteran Member
RedHat  Online Sleepy
Veteran Member
NJ
Sadly, that seller and his “sign girl” are notorious for misrepresenting their items and mixing repros and fantasy signs with original signs to fool buyers. The number one excuse I’ve seen made for the seller is that they run through too much inventory to make sure every sign is real. Sadder still, any posts on FB I’ve seen that bring up the misconduct is met with his buddies backing him up and saying he’s a straight up guy, he doesn’t sell fakes, blah blah blah. I don’t get it...

Last edited by RedHat; Mon Jun 03 2019 08:45 PM.

Looking for NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc), Invader, Bulko and Freedom items, and foreign Gargoyle and Sinclair cans
Re: Can Signs. [Re: RedHat] #730469
Mon Jun 03 2019 09:07 PM
Mon Jun 03 2019 09:07 PM
So. Ca.
advertologist Offline
Veteran Member
advertologist  Offline
Veteran Member
So. Ca.
Originally Posted by RedHat
Sadly, that seller and his “sign girl” are notorious for misrepresenting their items and mixing repros and fantasy signs with original signs to fool buyers. The number one excuse I’ve seen made for the seller is that they run through too much inventory to make sure every sign is real. Sadder still, any posts on FB I’ve seen that bring up the misconduct is met with his buddies backing him up and saying he’s a straight up guy, he doesn’t sell fakes, blah blah blah. I don’t get it...

just sent a sign back too these folks this week, this is the sign- was upgrading as there sign had many differences-
thickness of sign, color of pegasus, details in pegasus, alignment of pegasus, shelving of sign, clarity of letters-
a buyer without an original too compare with might have got stung,
that being said I have bought some good original stuff from this seller .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-V...-Gas-Oil-16-034-Metal-Sign-/143244194137

IMG_3471[1].JPG

RANDY
Re: Can Signs. [Re: advertologist] #730474
Mon Jun 03 2019 10:37 PM
Mon Jun 03 2019 10:37 PM
NJ
RedHat Online sleepy
Veteran Member
RedHat  Online Sleepy
Veteran Member
NJ
Originally Posted by advertologist
Originally Posted by RedHat

just sent a sign back too these folks this week, this is the sign- was upgrading as there sign had many differences-
thickness of sign, color of pegasus, details in pegasus, alignment of pegasus, shelving of sign, clarity of letters-
a buyer without an original too compare with might have got stung,
that being said I have bought some good original stuff from this seller .. ... cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-V...-Gas-Oil-16-034-Metal-Sign-/143244194137

I’m sorry to hear that man, I’m glad you didn’t get burned. Hopefully you can find another upgrade without the hassle. I had a similar experience a few years back and went through the entire return process without a word from the seller. The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Previous to that, I’d purchased cans from them that were undoubtedly legit without issue. I can’t imagine the number of people that have gotten burned getting lulled into a false sense of security with the odd mix of fake/fantasy/original.

Looking for NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc), Invader, Bulko and Freedom items, and foreign Gargoyle and Sinclair cans
Re: Can Signs. [Re: minuteman] #730498
Tue Jun 04 2019 03:08 PM
Tue Jun 04 2019 03:08 PM
Reedsburg,Wi,USA
J
Jhaas63 Online content
Petro Enthusiast
Jhaas63  Online Content
Petro Enthusiast
J
Reedsburg,Wi,USA
At the very least, it sounds like he is accepting the return. I haven’t ever bought anything off him or know him but that is at least helpful.

Re: Can Signs. [Re: minuteman] #731619
Wed Jun 26 2019 02:31 PM
Wed Jun 26 2019 02:31 PM
Indiana
W
Wrench man Offline
Wrench man  Offline
W
Indiana
I also have noticed with this EBAY seller that he will have quite a few bids on an item not too long after he lists it. I just don't how that many people have had a chance to view it let alone bid on it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click for an eBay Search Form and lots more live petro auction listings

Copyright © 2019 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved