Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#731748 Sat Jun 29 2019 10:05 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hi and greetings from the frozen North. I was an active sign collector in the early 1980's dragging stuff home from the Portland and Spokane swap meets for 20+ years. I put things on hold for a long time for family and business reasons but as I am now semi retired, I am excited to be getting back into this wonderful hobby (and was very happy to discover this site). Back in the pre-internet days, it was harder to find out info about a lot of the signs and companies so I am hoping that some of the site members can help fill in some of the info gaps I have in regards to my collection.
One of the problems of being located in Canada at that time was that there was very little knowledge about Flying A stuff in general. I have posted 2 pictures of a sign I bought back in Portland in 1986. It is SST and at the time I believed it to be NOS as it was still in its original shipping wrapper (there are still a few mounting holes that are covered with paint). As I recall, there is 2 written labels on the back indicating Tidewater Oil Co, Lakeview, Oregon. The sign measures 11" high by 103" in width. The Flying A symbol is a reflective decal. I have never seen another one (or a picture of one) and would appreciate any info the members could provide. As well, it has been hanging on the wall since the early 1990's and I would appreciate any tips on proper cleaning so as not to damage it. Thanks very much!!

002 (3).JPG 001 (9).JPG
Last edited by Caddyman58; Sat Jun 29 2019 10:14 PM. Reason: forgot title item
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. I'm sure some of the members here can provide you with some information. Good luck with your quest for knowledge!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks very much, I really appreciate the welcome. I spent a lot of time looking over the site and was very impressed by the knowledge of all the members. Hopefully someone who has focused on Flying A collecting can offer some guidance. I look forward to learning from and talking to the other members.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved