Next Thread
Print Thread
#732841 Sun Jul 21 2019 02:48 PM
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
I know everyone has asked about pumps and stuff, but this one is heavy about 700-800 lbs. Would someone tell me again which company could or would do this. It is heavy and would just be delivered to me in Portland oregon.
Thanks

Craig
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Beltman 800-959-8880 I have used them for gas pumps.

C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Thank you, expensive ?

Craig
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Depends on weight and distance. They will give you a quote over the phone.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
For a gas pump, just about anywhere is around $500 to our area Craig. I would assume you’re gonna be a bit more than that due to weight. But it’s not like they weigh the item when they grab it...you can be conservative in your weight estimate...it will make a difference.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
North American Van Lines is another good one you might want to get a quote from. They pick it up as is, wrap it and ship it. No packaging necessary unless you have some fragile parts on it and don’t trust them. I shipped a gutted MS80 from Michigan to North Dakota for $430ish.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
C
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
C
Call Beltman and got a quote, Thanks. This is heavy, real heavy and I would prefer not to have someone think I was not too accurate.

Craig
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted by Speedracer
North American Van Lines is another good one you might want to get a quote from. They pick it up as is, wrap it and ship it. No packaging necessary unless you have some fragile parts on it and don’t trust them. I shipped a gutted MS80 from Michigan to North Dakota for $430ish.

Beltman is a division of North America-- ships gas pumps and gaming equipment.-etc.

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Originally Posted by Craig Osbeck
Call Beltman and got a quote, Thanks. This is heavy, real heavy and I would prefer not to have someone think I was not too accurate.
I use Beltman all the time. They are my prime carrier. It is best to be accurate with them. They need to know how much help is needed, on the trucks, to handle an item. Saving a couple of dollars means nothing if it causes damage to a worker or a truck due to the lift gate weight limit? Look at it like this.....whatever they charge, is usually a lot less than you can drive there and back, moving it yourself? Once you figure in time, gas, truck wear and tear, food and lodging? Shipping has made my life a whole lot less stressful. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Last edited by gasmansgp; Wed Jul 24 2019 05:39 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
They weigh these crates seemingly often. It sucks to get an additional bill later from the shipper for being overweight, happened to me a few times. I think most freight companies would be ok with that weight, recommend checking freightquote and or uship.

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by petropumps
For a gas pump, just about anywhere is around $500 to our area Craig. I would assume you’re gonna be a bit more than that due to weight. But it’s not like they weigh the item when they grab it...you can be conservative in your weight estimate...it will make a difference.

First off "Beltmann", "North American" and STI are all the same company, part of CRST. They go by weight brackets.
We have shipped hundreds of pumps with them over the years, all over the country. About 74 last year.
If your pump is 150 or 290 pounds the cost could be the same. Under 300 pounds.
The BIG difference is location of pick up and delivery. How far are YOU the shipper and the Receiver from a terminal and interstate highways. It's ALL based on location.
Also do you need a liftgate on Pickup and on Delivery?
Do you need it blanket wrapped? Is it on a pallet?
We just shipped a Mae West laying down on a 3 foot x 10 foot pallet. a 6 foot Texaco sign in a crate and two large boxes to an export terminal in Los Angles, CA from central Wisconsin. $750.
We just got a quote to ship an MS80 blanket wrapped to Longview, WA and it was $590.
We have also and quotes to ship a pump to Tenn. for $640.
It's all about locations.
We just shipped a Dayton 600 visible on a pallet using "Fastenal store to store", Oshkosh, WI to Houston, TX for $210 and a ten foot long sign and crate to Seattle, WA for $200.
Just FYI

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved