Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#734603 Tue Aug 20 2019 07:20 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have this what I assume is an oil dispenser? It has the name Erie on the front plate. Can someone tell me more about what it is? And some idea of value??

Oil Meter Erie.jpg
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
dooger54 #734707 Thu Aug 22 2019 09:46 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Pumps with this long a hose were not oil pumps, they were gas pumps. They were used in the industrial field, such as taxi garages, truck terminals, and especially on farms. Sorry, this section of Old Gas is not for values.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Jack Sim #734714 Fri Aug 23 2019 05:24 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Jack. Any idea of what years these were made? Sorry about asking value, I will repost in that section. Not looking to sell, just getting a value for insurance purposes.

dooger54 #734971 Tue Aug 27 2019 10:48 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jack's knowledge usually requires compensation.
If you ever need Veeder Root advice, mine is free. No trade secrets though.....
You can't afford them right now... laugh ,
but I do try to help people. Veeder Roots will give you fits.

Erie went out of business a long time ago. If The unit has a serial number, someone with a Blue Book might be able to help you.
It could have been another company using the name. Jack should know. He's not going to tell if it is in his ......"BIBLE" sick

That pump I can't find in Jack's second "HOLY" edition..But my Gasboy, ROTOBOY is not in the 3rd edition BOOK either, yet it exists.
It is possibly the First Gasboy???. Nothing significant about that right..? It Has A Brass GASBOY EMBOSSED dry hose nozzle and ROTOBOY on the ID tag.

I don't know if yours is in his...HOLY........"Bible" sick but my Unit is NOT although he was aware of it's existence.
The pump in this pic was the first gasoline pump I used 50 years ago at the age of 7, to fill a tractor on my G-Fathers Dairy farm
Pop said it was there in 1957 when he bought the place, so yours..???? Who Knows? Jack's $60.00 Book??????

Since the moderators did not flag this post, in this category in 6 days, you are in the right arena, and you are within your boundaries.
After all you are asking for general information.
They might terminate my comment though, Oh Well..........

Pop's Pump Dogpatch PA.jpg
Last edited by jkyocom; Tue Aug 27 2019 10:49 PM.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
dooger54 #734972 Tue Aug 27 2019 11:04 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Joe, thanks for all the encouragement, I'm surly hope you are thankful that I have had you name and address on my website for over 15 years for guys to go to you for work on their computers. Also, Joe, if you look back on some of my 7500 posts, you will see I encourage guys to post or email me the model number so I can tell them when the pump was born.

OK. I did not include this type of gas pump in any of my three books. These pump were attached to the tank directly and they were used in commercial areas as stated above. If I had listed every pump such as this one, you wouldn't be able to lift the book. And as for information on this pump, I don't have anything, and with what has been happening in my life right now, I apologize for not taking time to post that information.

Have a good day, Joe.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Tue Aug 27 2019 11:06 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved