Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#737631 Mon Oct 21 2019 06:57 PM
F
FishGas Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Trying to remove what's left of a spinner on an old Tokheim 39 pump. There is a keeper / cotter pin but after removing that the end of the spinner doesn't come off. Not wanting to force it as this part is a little delicate. Any suggestions on how this comes off would be greatly appreciated. My other question would be one of continuity. This pump came with a couple aluminum face plates. I'm wanting to put some numbers on the rollers and I'm debating if the numbers should be black on a white roller/caster or if the numbers should be white on a black roller/caster. I guess it's one of preference but didn't know if there was a proper way it should look. I'm going to use flat black or flat white vinyl on the reels prior to affixing the sticker numbers.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
You need to lube the shaft with a good penetrating oil. Let stand then easily twist off. I always use white numbers on black. It is my preference. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Those spinner bases can be a PIA the rods that they attach to are pretty stout but if you break the base you can order the base with new spinners from KC’s Kool Fuel they are only 12 bucks.

F
FishGas Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thanks Gents I did get her to pop off after dousing with PB Blaster. Now the next issue getting this spinner onto the old post. Much appreciate your help / comments.

20191022_184140.jpg
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Dremel cut the flare off. Resize hole on spinner and glue in place with clear silicone. All these things are basic. This is the way most of us learned in years past, from actual trail and error......back before the interweb made the answers instant. Good luck. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

F
FishGas Offline OP
OP Offline
F
That works for me! Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way. I grew up working on cars via Chilton and Haynes manuals along with trial and error. With the internet and ease of asking others it makes DIY soooo much easier! Many thanks!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved