Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
In 1981 I was given 2 sets of these prints after purchasing a new Harley. They depict the new models for 1981. The two sets are the only ones I have ever seen. I have checked Ebay periodically over the many years and not even "completed auctions" show anything. I recently contacted the Harley Museum seeking info, but they said they could not provide any info as it may "influence the market". These were originally just the prints and I had one set professionally framed. There are six prints total in each set and each print is a biker scene from Sturgis, Daytona and others. I am only showing 3 of the 6 prints. My question is...Have any of you owned or ever seen these prints? Rare? Although they are NOT for sale at this time, I'd like to know a value if anyone is knowledgeable. Just looking for info. If there is an artist, the name is covered by the frame and removing a print from these frames is not as simple as bending tabs back and removing it. Thank you for any info.

1981 MODEL PRINTS.JPG 1981 MODEL PRINTSa.JPG 1981 MODEL PRINTSb.JPG
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Gary good to see your post was thinking of you the other day. Was talking with Bob Drake , you ,him and a few more got me headed in the right direction. Thanks!
No help with the prints,other than dealer friend here says he somewhat remembers them,he didn't remember them being a promo give away. but he also said he has forgot more about the eighties than he remembers..

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
G
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
G
Loyd, good to know you're doing fine. Hope your collecting is doing just as well. I don't believe these were "giveaways" per se. I think the dealer felt sorry for me! I had bought a new 1980 Lowrider in August and that January, it was stolen. He told me about a 1981 limited production model that was just coming out and asked if I was interested. I really don't remember if I got these prints before or after the bike arrived. Maybe each dealer got a couple of sets when they sold one of these limited production models?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think that I have seen the Boot Hill print. Dave

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
A
A
The museum thought info might influence the market?

So they couldn't tell you anything at all about them WTH?

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved