Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#739047 Sun Nov 17 2019 04:33 PM
P
OP Offline
P
As found looks pretty nice. Good colors and no dents rust or bends $195 plus shipping

image.jpg image.jpg
All Items Offered Must Have Prices

All Items Offered in This Category Must Have Prices.
72 hour bumping rule now being enforced. Please read the For Sale Guidelines.

Please read and follow all the For Sale Petroliana forum Guidelines and Non-Petro For Sale forum Guidelines
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...cool sign, I’ve got one just like it in my collection...

...to anyone considering buying it: I can supply the correct price numbers, $35 + shipping for two...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Clint,

I am writing an article about Gulftane for "Check the Oil." Can I have you permission to use one of the pictures in the article?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
OP Offline
P
Yep Jack could I be accredited also. I’m thinking of keeping it. It’s provenance is Conway Arkansas Holloway Grocery Store. It’s right next door to me . They used to serve Gulf products. 2 pumps. The pumps light and sign pole are gone but the island is still there I If I owned it I would turn it back into a gas station I’m sure I can track down pictures . My family had a Mobil Station in the middle of town a Walgreens is there it was a full service station. Thanks again Clint.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by gulfiend!
...cool sign, I’ve got one just like it in my collection...

...to anyone considering buying it: I can supply the correct price numbers, $35 + shipping for two...

PM sent

P
OP Offline
P
Sold to me decided to keep it . Thanks oldgas!

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Clint, added your name to the article, don't know when it wall appear.

If you are not a subscriber to CTO I urge you to. I have been a contributing editor for almost 25 years. Mar article are about thing that happen around the station. It might be a gas pump this month, a air meter next month, then a article about all the glasses they gave away when you purchased five gallons of gasoline. Anything that happened around the station. CTO, "Check the Oil."

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Tue Nov 19 2019 10:43 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Jim you are a legend to me I got the numbers from gulfiend you can use that picture also. He also informed me of the correct vintage hardware to attach the numbers. A great group of guys , there is more honor in men who collect with passion and respect for history not all out to make money with made up balogna espicially clocks and signs. I have pictures of our olde service station .

The gulf Station neibors are junk dealers and to be honest not disrespectful they keep it trashy when it would look awesome with the island cleaned and old pumps out front with a light post. They could get a lot of traffick like that for fairly che. Heck I’d do it.

Thanks again guys,
Clint

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Jim you are a legend to me I got the numbers from gulfiend you can use that picture also. He also informed me of the correct vintage hardware to attach the numbers. A great group of guys , there is more honor in men who collect with passion and respect for history not all out to make money with made up balogna espicially clocks and signs. I have pictures of our olde service station .

The gulf Station neibors are junk dealers and to be honest not disrespectful they keep it trashy when it would look awesome with the island cleaned and old pumps out front with a light post. They could get a lot of traffick like that for fairly che. Heck I’d do it.

Thanks again guys,
Clint

P
OP Offline
P
This is the side of the station . I remember getting gas when I was younger . In my aunts 1968 impala 327 2 Door and I’m only 36. I’ve watched it change from years to years different renters , never successful. I’m renting the owners house he is a great guy but it’s simply a corner lot on a busy highway in a growing city. So the house and station will most likely torn down leveled and a Walgreens there like my dads. Conway went from 17000 people when I was young to well over 75,000. I can’t complain I own the other side corner lot but it was empty and we built a building. I would live in the old house and restore it and restore the station and open a retail business, I’m doing well in booths swap meets and online but my rental property is so high with billboards and the size is way too large . I could run a business as a service Station better than booths.

Well reality sinks in and the almighty dollar will prevail and another station gone frown

Anyways thanks Jim

image.jpg
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Jack Sim
Clint, added your name to the article, don't know when it wall appear.

If you are not a subscriber to CTO I urge you to. I have been a contributing editor for almost 25 years. Mar article are about thing that happen around the station. It might be a gas pump this month, a air meter next month, then a article about all the glasses they gave away when you purchased five gallons of gasoline. Anything that happened around the station. CTO, "Check the Oil."

Jack Sim

Subscribing to it .Is there any way you can notify me when it comes out or what issue it’s in in case I don’t get it in time. I added pictures with numbers although not original correct for the sign.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved