Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I use Barkeeper’s Friend and 000 steel wool. This is an example off of a large Texaco Marine porcelain sign. If I might also offer some advice. If you are selling, take your time. Get lots of advice and opinions. Look at completed auctions. In the past people have used EBay. Set a large reserve price to get a feel. You will probably gets lots of offers through this site to your private message. Be patient. Great sign that any Texaco collector (like myself) or any sign collector would love to have in their collection...be patient...have I said that??? LOL
Alex

35AAAD1D-506C-4AA4-8D5F-240C44C981DD.jpeg 470D6502-13C5-4A1E-9322-E2860A8DE2D4.jpeg

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Am I in the minority in saying I have no issues with that sign as is? No cleaning necessary. Those rust stains add to the sign in my opinion.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Originally Posted by mtrotnic
Am I in the minority in saying I have no issues with that sign as is? No cleaning necessary. Those rust stains add to the sign in my opinion.

While some may like the sign as is, I would say the majority of buyers for a sign of this caliber would want it cleaned to see the sign in the best condition possible, especially if you were spending the coin on it.

Last edited by DWSheffer; Mon Feb 03 2020 12:31 PM.

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
I clean all my signs. Just looks better and does not devalue it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by DWSheffer

While some may like the sign as is, I would say the majority of buyers for a sign of this caliber would want it cleaned to see the sign in the best condition possible, especially if you were spending the coin on it.

For what my opinion is worth...as others said, for a sign of that caliber...definitely clean...getting the rust off will help it from deteriorating further...but, DO NOT restore, touch up or anything else. (Sorry for the triple post, am On my phone and not sure what happened)

Last edited by Alex; Mon Feb 03 2020 07:36 PM. Reason: Clarify

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved