Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#745742 Wed Mar 25 2020 06:22 PM
H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Hello Fellow Olgassers,

It has been a while since I did post here. I must admit I have been lurking all along since my last post.

Having visited most sites on social media, I find OLDGAS a very unique & special Petroliana site to post & learn from.

I joined this great group back in 2008 & must admit most of my knowledge came from here by reading posts & asking questions on the fly or privately.

I became a good friend with a veteran member that thought me so much. We used to chat weekly basis & he was always willing to hear my specific
questions & answer them if he could.

He is no longer with us. I miss him like crazy!

So, let’s hear from you existing “Veteran” members.

1 member likes this: RedHat
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I too am a Nam vet and have lost dear friends then and over the years. We talked about our cars more then gas stuff then. After returning home gas and oil was just a natural with the cars and so it began.

Thanks to this site I too have made new friends and learn new things daily. To me this place is calm and funny. Being an old fart I find comfort and not the craziness like on Facebook.

Thanks for being a fellow vet and sharing your interest in this great hobby. Glad you’re back and reconnecting.

Hope other vets respond.

Have gas all the time
1 member likes this: henlovestoys
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Don't know about being a veteran member having joined in 2011 I think
Sad so many have come and gone,some have passed some are lurking I guess
Life changes as does interest,I truely feel some carried this site giving free advice with little or no credit given. And often not so much as a thank you. Some I know felt used not by Jim but by members who for the most

part landed here just to better their billfold without are real desire to collect and preserve this hobby.

Seems like that is the way next genaration expects it. Not many can even begin to have a glue how hard it was before Goggle. You just wasn't taken in to the inner circle you had to earn it.

Lurking huh --wondered the other day where you have been!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
A lot of people have come and gone as Loyd has said. Tough now to ask a question on here and get the answer . Been around for a while and yes, interests and SPACE have a lot to do with it.

Craig
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
I've been a member here since 2003. Seems like yesterday though. I stop by every morning and evening to see what's going on? There are times when I can answer a question or two....some even useful...Using this site has afforded me the opportunity to meet a lot of people in our unique hobby. All have become friends and sources of information. I am thankful to Jim for his expertise and all that he does for the members here. We also must remember, this is a self funding site. I forget that fact, but today will be making a donation to keep the lights on. You might want to think about doing the same? Paul www.severngaspumps.com

H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Always a pleasure to read your comments. I admire your thoughts on any subject that comes up.

Yes, I would like to contribute.

I sent a PM to Jim to advise how to make a contribution.

Thanks.

Last edited by henlovestoys; Thu Mar 26 2020 12:32 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry, I misinterpreted the headline obviously.

Have gas all the time
2 members like this: KZ1000, Loyd Pierce
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted by Done4
Sorry, I misinterpreted the headline obviously.

Thought you got it wrong Ok you are 2 time veteran no harm no foul.
Thank you for your service.

Donations thru paypal
service@oldgas.com

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've been on here since 2004 WOW! I do not post a lot but I'm on here about every day. I answer questions when I can but have limited knowledge on a lot of subjects. The site has changed a lot over the years but is still the best place for information. facebook seems to only be about the $$$ and not much for gleaning information. thanks for having me all these years...

Got Socony???

Tom
H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Amazing how "English" language gets us in trouble ... laugh

I meant the the word "Veteran" which can be go used in many ways.

My super toy-here was a WWII veteran. He thought me all about toys. Miss Clarence like crazy!

Always nice to see your posts Les!

H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Good to hear from you, TOM!

Yes, times have changed with the "social media". I wonder what the future generation will do with the "Hobby".

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I for one come and go between many different forums. I started with gas and oil collecting just after I retired from the Sheriff's Office as a Deputy. I only have 4 gas pumps and tons of signs and I started going into another direction by buying a 1930 Model A Coupe. I am now seriously considering getting a 1939 Ford 2-door Sedan Deluxe which I love. I will continue to come to this forum from time to time and help where I can. I know you were refering to Veterans of this board, but I too am a 20-year Navy vet. Take care! Hugh Gibson

Last edited by Hugh; Thu Mar 26 2020 07:25 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good to hear from you Hen. I guess I have become a veteran member somehow. Hard to believe how time flys but this site is still my go to place for a friendly chat or to ask the questions we all still come up with, no matter how long you've been doing this. There has been a lot of crossover to Facebook and I still talk to many Oldgassers both places but this forum is by far the most down to earth and friendly. It is always changing as folks come and go all the time. I try to stop by about every day but sometimes I miss a few. Jim does a great job and we all better hope he's content to keep this going for a long time to come. Everybody stay safe and healthy out there and chime in once in a while....GB

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Been collecting pumps for a while now. I usually get on the site twice a day just to see whats going on. Restored 6 pumps this winter, and now up to 122 different pumps in my collection. It's a sickness that I share with a lot of people on this site. Collecting has changed over the years, but there still are a lot of good honest people on this site. I have made a lot of good friends over the years most I have never meet. Richard

H
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Loyd,

You have not changed a bit. You always tend to make us feel good. Also, thank you Les for your service in Vietnam.
I just made a small contribution to support the site. As I said before, everything I know about the hobby is from OLDGAS. I spent hours reading posts & doing research. When got stuck, sent PM to “veteran members” & got answers. The one gentleman I mentioned, thought me so much. I documented everything from him when I got off the phone. I miss him greatly.

Hugh,

Enjoyed reading about you. Wow, I had the opportunity to ride in a Model-A that my toy friend had. Hope you get the "2-door Sedan" . Please share a photo or so when you get it. Also, Thank you for your service in the Navy, Sir!

Gary,

Yes, time flies. Of course, you are a veteran member. Knowledge does not come easy. We all know that.
I look at your collection photo, It is amazing what you have. I am 65 & have started slowing down in collecting steel toys. I am wrapping up the last custom projects with the father-son operation in Tenn. I can not afford any of high_$$$ signs (I only like Graphic based signs). I am happy I have come across older US-made repros (from 60’s & 80’s) as well as Fantasy signs I have done for my collection. We chatted over the phone back in 2008/9 time-frame & I enjoyed everything I heard about how you got started with your business. You mentioned then that you had attended Fred’s gas bash. I hope you can attend again so that we can meet.

Richard,

Good to hear you are doing well & still playing with pumps. We did exchange an e-mail a while back.
I talk to Paul (Flying-A) once in a while. He has mentioned to me that you two have done some trades with one another. What a class act fella, Paul is.

Regards to all!

Hen

Last edited by henlovestoys; Thu Mar 26 2020 11:20 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved