Friends of Check the Oil,
Many of you have reached out regarding the status of the 34th Check the Oil Show and Auction scheduled to be held on June 26-27, 2020. As you can imagine, we are closely watching the state and federal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. Also, we are in frequent communication with our contacts at The Embassy Suites. They, too, are sure to comply with their local guidelines as well as the guidelines of Hilton Corporate. Currently, we are eight weeks away from the event and continue to be optimistic that our event will be held as planned. We feel that it is the best approach to continue to plan as if we have the event, knowing there is a possibility that this could change as that date approaches. This years' event is already a near sold-out event; if you have not submitted your registration, please do soon quickly to insure your spots and hotel room. We also want to be upfront that any registration and space fees would be refunded or applied to next years' event, and there are no cancellation fees through the hotel if the event is canceled.
Also, we continue to encourage any registrant that feels as if they are at risk or could be a risk to others, to feel free to cancel at any time. If you are from a known hotspot with exposure to others infected or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, we encourage you to stay home with respect to other attendees and their health. In addition to this, we are already working with the hotel to have health and safety items available at the show to remain in compliance with any regulations. Also, we are addressing how to implement social distancing and other practices to minimize close contact with others. The safety and well being of all attendees and employees of the hotel is our number one priority. For those who are just not comfortable attending with the uncertainty surrounding travel at this time, we completely understand and respect that.
While all this isn't to say we are 100% having the show, it is just to say it is far too early in our opinion to 100% cancel the show. The final decision will be made in early June with confirmation or cancellation letters to registrants to follow at that time. If anything changes from our current plans, we will be sure to keep everyone in the loop moving forward. For any questions regarding your registration, cancellations, or other inquiries, please reach out to us at email@example.com Also, do not contact the Embassy Suites directly for cancellations or changes to your stay as all reservations are handled through Check the Oil.
Thank you for your consideration and patience,
Aaron & Andy