Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#749725 Sun May 31 2020 09:16 AM
A
OP Offline
A
I thought this might interest the Cadillac enthusiasts, as you would definitely know what a flop the Cimarron was and how short lived the model turned out to be. I found this at a flea market/ junk shop in my area and I know it is a showroom sign that hung from the ceiling. It’s double sided, very large and also the middle lights up. So far, I haven’t seen another one like it and I know they would be hard to come by.

5CA25DE4-04EB-4188-8778-FDE539587358.jpeg
I'll bet that sign looks nice when it lights up. I used to work as a tech at a Cadillac dealership in the late 1960s-early 1970s. The Cadillac was an impressive car back in the day, but I always wondered what they were thinking with the Cimarron. Jazzing up a compact Chevy into a Cimarron was never going to compete well with the upscale import cars of that era. frown

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
A
OP Offline
A
It is a great looking sign when lit up. There’s a locally owned shop here in my town where I get my cars repaired, and the owner is an older gentleman. One of his best friends was a mechanic at the local Cadillac dealership when the Cimarrons came out, and he says the local dealer refused to stock them. The dealership had been in the same family since it opened and catered to its regular customers and since they carried such great cars, he thought simply carrying them would cheapen the look and feel of his dealership so he refused. I’ve thought that was an interesting story since I first heard it, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened in other towns as well.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
So is this for sale ?

Craig
This is the discussion/showcase section, not a For Sale section.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Funny, your rules say you can ask if something is for sale, two different rules for people ?? It is just a question, no one was offering money and the question was left open. Your rules

Craig
Originally Posted by Craig Osbeck
Funny, your rules say you can ask if something is for sale, two different rules for people ?? It is just a question, no one was offering money and the question was left open. Your rules

I don't recall a rule saying, "you can ask if something is for sale." If you could show me where, I'd appreciate it.
In the Petroliana Value and Showcase sections, it specifically says offers to buy or sell are not allowed there.

We're just trying to keep selling and talking about your collection items in separate sections to make it easily identifiable by viewers.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Did not offer to buy, just asked if the guy was going to sell. How does that word with offers to buy or sell.

Craig
Just trying to keep the forum organized in the various activity and interest sections.

With all the things going on in the world, this isn't an issue that needs to take any more of my time.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Thank you

Craig

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved